myChevrolet app vehicle status does not update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lin19687 said:
The app is now stuck in the "in progress" for locking it as I stand in front of the car.
Yeah, I find the MyChevrolet app to be incredibly problematic:

- it's extremely slow
- it's unreliable, failing to connect to the car about 20 to 30% of the time
- it gives no indication that the data it's displaying is out of date.
- it has never once sent me any of the notifications that I've configured.

If GM really wants to sell the OnStar service they really need to step up to the plate and fix this app.

Although I downloaded and used the myChevrolet app, I found it pretty buggy, so I just went back to using the "On*Star notification" app (I have one on the Android phone and the other on the iPhone).

It's not perfect, but it's a ton more reliable than the myChevrolet app - it has many (probably most) of the features/functions of the myChevrolet app : lock/unlock vehicle, turn on alarm, charging status, etc. Now it might only work over the on*star connection. Is the myChevrolet app supposed to be able to work over WiFi or Bluetooth connection to the vehicle?

That’s odd you guys have so much trouble.
Mine has been nearly flawless. Except for two days or so when there was a system wide outage, mine has been very reliable.

I give mine a 99% rating.

It must be geography related.
Maybe there is poor reception in your area.

It is slow, and I manually refresh every time I look at the app, but I get completely accurate information better than 99% of the time. It takes about 30 seconds to refresh the data.

In the SF bay area. I have an early (december 2016) built car. I use iPhone 7plus with the latest iOS.

I use the myChevy app and love it.
I can’t imagine life without it.
I get instant (within 30 seconds) notification (via text msg) on my phone if someone unplugs the cord, if charging stops due to circuit breaker trip (happened at work when someone plugged in a major tool to the same 120 v outlet), and when charging is complete.

The percent of charge does not update automatically.
I’m not sure it is designed to do that at all.
It DOES update EVERY TIME I close and reopen the app, or simply swipe down to refresh.

Odd, when I am on 120 v and below 50% SOMETIMES it gives the day of the week and time (aka tomorrow at 9pm) and sometimes it only says 9pm. But I am smart enough to know what day it will be done charging. Sorry, you are being ridiculous to imply you are confused about it saying “done in 1 hour” on 120 volts, when it is obvious at half a tank it takes 25 hours.

SeanNelson said:
Lin19687 said:
The app is now stuck in the "in progress" for locking it as I stand in front of the car.
Yeah, I find the MyChevrolet app to be incredibly problematic:

- it's extremely slow
- it's unreliable, failing to connect to the car about 20 to 30% of the time
- it gives no indication that the data it's displaying is out of date.
- it has never once sent me any of the notifications that I've configured.

If GM really wants to sell the OnStar service they really need to step up to the plate and fix this app.

SparkE, I just DL the onstar app on android phone. Worked when I first logged in then it logged me out and when I logged back in it took me to the MyChevy app.

I just uninstalled BOTH apps, turned off phone and now powering back up. Will install Onstar app only and see what happens.
I don't know how it connects to the car it would just be nice if I can get notifications, pre-heat and lock and it be correct and WORK ;)

edit, Nope brings be back to MyChevy :evil:

An example of when it gave the day and time.
Sometimes it only gives the time.

Also note “Full” is not the same as “Complete”.

My battery is full but still charging, and was at 218 miles when “Complete”.

BD7F4FF3-9DB2-419C-B447-8A6C202C6696.jpeg

Mine did not say the date at all, just a time and AM.

I tried to reinstall the OnStar this morning and it would not load.

Will be trying again.

Maybe this is one of the issues with the App. and why it has been down on and off for a while.

Back