How many actual Bolt owners on this forum?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is unfortunate that Nissan still hasn't solved the hot climate issues. It doesn't really affect most of their home market in Japan. It doesn't affect most of their European market either. I would wager that it affects less than 1/3 of their US market even.

Hopefully this will be put to rest with the 2019 Leaf. It is rumored to have a 60kWh battery, possibly from LG Chem, and possibly even with TMS.

I wish Nissan well with their high volume / lower price approach to EVs. If it successfully grows the market, it is a win to anyone who breathes air. At the same time, I'm really glad that GM put a larger, thermally managed battery in the Bolt. They also made it very peppy with a tight suspension, making it a blast to drive. I'm happy to pay a little more for a much more enjoyable drive!

GetOffYourGas said:
...I'm really glad that GM put a larger, thermally managed battery in the Bolt. They also made it very peppy with a tight suspension, making it a blast to drive. I'm happy to pay a little more for a much more enjoyable drive!
This ^^^

Purchased a Kinetic Blue Premier, Ash/Ceramic with Infotainment pkg and DCFC. Ordered in March 2017, delivered in June, now with 12K miles. No problems to date, 1 service visit to rotate the tires and do software upgrades. Bolt replaced a Honda Fit EV 5 year lease with 59K miles that replaced a 3 year BMW Mini E lease with 57K miles. Big battery and DCFC improves quality of long trips. Was reluctant to get a first year production car, but had good luck with the last two. Bolt is fun to drive with great utility in a small footprint. Over-delivers on everything except snob appeal. Completely satisfied.

We have 2 Bolts. 1 Blue Premier and 1 Cajun Red LT. Purchased in January and February 2018 respectively. We are in the Dallas, TX area.
Jeff

I just bought mine yesterday. It's a metallic orange 2018 LT that I have named Electric Cheeto (Cheeto for short). I look forward to joining this vibrant community and can't wait to see what new apps are made for the open source Infotainment center in the car as well as cool upgrades like illuminated LED Chevy bowties.

Hey guys, new to the group. Have owned a 2017 Bolt since last October. I have rolled on over 37,000 miles so far, my only complaint is, I have a hard time keeping tires. I'm on my second set and am in the process of ordering my 3rd set. Have a premier, I think I ordered it with every option available. I installed a level 2 charger at home and one at the office. I have a 107-mile, one-way commute that I do every day, twice a day. In the winter, it gets a little difficult, so I usually leave the Bolt at home and drive my 4WD Silverado, my commute is through mountains, even includes a pass through a ski resort.

Picked mine up on Tuesday - grey 2018 premier to replace my Leaf because with the battery degradation I can just about get the commute. With the Bolt I'll no longer have to hypermile just to get home :)

Back