NHTortoise

Carplay switches audio

Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue as this person in the apple support community, but can't find the answer, so I'm trying here.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8648766

Summary is I have an iPhone 11 and CarPlay WAS working and I could switch back and forth between audio sources (SXM, CarPlay). However now when I try to use SXM with the phone connected, Carplay "grabs" the audio back, seemingly at random times. I'm not sure what I would have changed to have this start happening suddenly... any thoughts/ideas :idea: are appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

BoltEV

Re: Carplay switches audio

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:18 pm

I have the iPhone 6+ connected to Apple CarPlay with the Uber and Waze apps active all of the full time I drive Uber.

The SiriusXM radio goes off every time I hear the Uber navigation but stays on steady when I use the Waze navigation.

My workaround when I use the Uber navigation (for example on POOL rides) is that I use the SiriusXM app instead of the actual satellite radio.

I tried to post this as a reply on the Apple Support Community thread, but it will not accept it. Maybe the thread is too old.

NHTortoise

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 pm

So my issue seems to have resolved itself? I am back to being able to use SiriusXM on the dashboard without any changes on my end. Which leads me to believe that maybe there was a SW update somewhere that fixed it.

BoltEV

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Interesting! Let us know if your situation changes.

Uber navigation instructions still grab back the audio into CarPlay from my satellite SiriusXM subscription.

I still have to use the SiriusXM App as a workaround for now.

I am now due for my 15,000 service and I will ask them to update the softwate at that time.

NHTortoise

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:28 pm

I think it relates to the phone bluetooth, not carplay. I've noticed that whenever my phone has a webpage open (even if I'm not actively using Safari) with a youtube video, or something that uses the audio, it will fight with Apple music. I think when I plug in the phone, carplay turns on, but then the bluetooth audio from Safari is what "grabs" the audio back. It would explain the intermittent behavior at least, since I regularly go through Safari and close the open pages.

BoltEV

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:22 pm

When an iPhone is physically connected to Apple CarPlay by USB in the Bolt EV, the Bluetooth wireless connection ability is inactivated.

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”