Owners, tell us about the app/connectivity!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnort

I'm interested in the connectivity/app support for the bolt. So, questions are:

- can you get it to text you when you plug in?
- can you get it to text you when it's done charging?
- can you set the max charge? (like say...dont' charge past 60%) Can you override that easily? (for the days you want to travel far)
- how well does the app work? Can you control the car quickly? My i3 takes 30-40 seconds to communicate and lock doors/honk horn/start AC, etc.
- does the phone work as a key fob? Or just as a "remote" of sorts?

The app is ok, but not great.

You can set it to message you if the charge is complete or if it is interrupted. You can change the style of charging (immediate, departure, or departure and rate) but you cannot set a % charge level. The only way to do this is in the car by selecting the "hill top" mode which stops charging at 90%.

You can lock the doors, honk the horn, and turn on the climate pre-conditioning but it is not instant to do any of these. I would guess at least 30 seconds to complete any action although if the car was hooked up to your wireless in your garage maybe it would be faster.

If you want to set a lower max charge % than hilltop mode, you can. Joe Lopez posted a how-to video in the Facebook Bolt EV Interest group.

HotPotato said:
If you want to set a lower max charge % than hilltop mode, you can. Joe Lopez posted a how-to video in the Facebook Bolt EV Interest group.

Could you provide a link so that everybody won't have to do the same search?

Thx.

Back