Torn on color and thoughts on wraps

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreaderus

I picked the white, and like white, however the silver seems really nice. I am tempted to change it. Silver is $500 charge more.

Any thoughts guys?

Anyone thought about wrapping the car?

When I got my Spark EV a few months ago, silver and white were the only colors still available in SoCal. I opted for white partly with the thought of doing a wrap. I got a quote of $1600 for a full wrap, so instead I opted for DIY vinyl racing stripes. First I did orange for Halloween and now I've got a bright metallic green that I like and will keep for a while. I'd never had nor wanted a white car before, but it's a great blank slate for personalization.

Quick update even the Canadian website indicates silver is $0 as well as white.

When I notified the guy I'm buying the car off his quote verbatim was this:

"Ok will do but if it comes in and does have a color charge we are letting you know we are not taking responsibility for it"

I was expecting more of a response like this or something similar:

"very sorry for the confusion the price is clearly $0 for a silver paint let me figure this one out for you quickly"

Is there another dealer you can go with instead? It seems like the one you're dealing with has a bad attitude.

Here are some more quotes

"because of your place in line, there are folks willing to pay thousands more to have your spot"

"in reality we don't really care that much if the website is wrong or not, because most wouldn't care if its $500 more for a paint color they would pay thousands more to get it sooner"

I guess my perspective is I am entitled to get proper details given to me pre-purchase, and not have my "place in line" dangled in my face to give me reason to be thankful not this load of nonsense being spewed at me because the car is new and so forth and they may have some IT issues with what is showing on website VS the in store dealer tools.

I will soon be escalating this to the management there if it continues of course if my place in line is that great here I am concerned if I blow it with this one I will wait months longer to go to another one.

From your description, I would be uncomfortable with the dealership. I hate high pressure salespeople, as well as disinterested ones. I will walk away from such situations. Its your money, and they should appreciate a chance to earn it.
Last niche car I bought, I visited 5 dealerships(50 mile radius, 2 states) before finding a place that was comfortable. It was relatively rural, selling mostly pickups. They were happy to work with me to get the car I wanted at MRSP.. of course , I consider that a premium price for a low volume, high demand car, but I won't spend a penny more, and i was unlikely to to get it much lower. Plus , I don't let them put their company logo on the rear... I was the only one they sold that model to.

I would honestly walk away as well and let them know that due to their attitude they not only lost this sale but all potential future sales as well. They're acting like they have you over a barrel, when in reality in one of two months there will be plenty of Bolts to get hold of and you'll likely end up with a better deal as well.

Back