Recommended seat covers?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigwich

I have kids, bless their filthy little hearts. Can anybody chime in with recommendations for seat covers for the Bolt or share their experience? The internet is rife with seat covers that magically are guaranteed to fit every car in the universe, which means that they don't actually fit ANY car.

Andy

Just make sure you do not use seat covers on the front seats unless they're specially designed to pop with a seat airbags.

I put down terrycloth towels on the seat bottoms, folded in half for double thickness (since my kids would generally drop stuff on the seats). I would also slip old XL T-shirts over the seat backs - but then I didn't have seats with integrated airbags.

There are airbags INSIDE the seats now?!!?

Yes, they are on the upper outer side (or maybe on both sides in some cars) of the front seats. They deploy in side impacts or in severe front impacts. As a group they are called "side curtain airbags." Seat covers designed for them have tear seams in those areas.

SparkE said:

It is quite common for cars to have side airbags in the seats. For example, here is a Chevrolet Spark (with doors removed) after an IIHS side crash test, showing the seat-mounted side airbags (in addition to the side curtain airbags that deploy from the inside of the roof rail):

api-rating-image.ashx

There usually are "airbag" labels where the airbags deploy from. On the Bolt, the "airbag" label is on the plastic around the seat bottom, even though it looks like the airbag deploys from behind a cover on the plastic on the outer side of the seat back.

sunnyman said:
wet oleke neoprene seat covers are awesome.

I contacted them and they don't know about the Bolt yet. Any SoCal owners want to take a trip over to Costa Mesa to let them take measurements? I am sure they would greatly appreciate it :)

Would love to have neoprene seat covers on my Bolt also. I have smittybilt neoprene on another rig and I really like it. I think going to a local upholstery shop is the best option for now.

sunnyman said:
wet oleke neoprene seat covers are awesome.

I would 2nd this. Had a set in one of my FJ Cruisers. However, I would recommend NOT adding any appliques to the cover; they wear off because they are just glued on.

Plain covers are all you need. Generally, Okole can match the multicolored pattern of the seats but this is when the pattern is uniform and symmetric. Not sure they can match the asymmetric color pattern in the Bolt but you certainly can ask and, if they can, I'm sure it'll cost extra.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if the Bolt and Volt use the same covers? I bought some "fits Chevy" seat covers, but they seem very loose to me and I'm hesitant to keep buying until I find some I'm sure will fit correctly.

Thanks!
Tim

Another vote here for wet okole seat covers. I have a set on my Honda Insight and they are fantastic! The 3/8" wet suit neoprene material provides good protection from water, dirt and wear, while providing extra padding in the seat for added comfort. They are a bit pricey, but fit great, look good and are worth it!

My daughter just purchased a Bolt and we have an appointment on August 4, 2017 at Wet Okole to have them measure the seats. They will need the car for the full day and then it takes about one month for them to start producing the covers. You're welcome. :)

droodlesdaddy said:
My daughter just purchased a Bolt and we have an appointment on August 4, 2017 at Wet Okole to have them measure the seats. They will need the car for the full day and then it takes about one month for them to start producing the covers. You're welcome. :)

I've been waiting to see a Bolt seat cover on their site!!

droodlesdaddy said:

Awesome! Right now I'm using a furniture blanket in the back seat for my filthy children. Some proper seat covers up front would be a good thing for my own filthy butt. Well done. Thanks!

This is Tracy, the owner of Wet Okole. I dropped off our Bolt to enable them to measure the seats to create a pattern and he dropped me off at a nearby mall. Everyone should be able to order from them in about a month. I will update once ours are ready.

Attachments

• tracy.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 9,720
droodlesdaddy said:
This is Tracy, the owner of Wet Okole. I dropped off our Bolt to enable them to measure the seats to create a pattern and he dropped me off at a nearby mall. Everyone should be able to order from them in about a month. I will update once ours are ready.

Coincidentally I called them today and they said they were measuring a Bolt right that moment!

I am yet another satisfied customer of Wet Okole - I purchased covers for my 2011 Leaf (which REALLY needed them!) and was very happy with the result.

Great news about Wet Okole!! I have been checking their site as I have light
grey cloth seats which will need to be protected!!

hodad66 said:
Great news about Wet Okole!! I have been checking their site as I have light
grey cloth seats which will need to be protected!!

still nothing on their site yet! Come onnnn Okole.. we are counting on you haha

Back