Any Phone Vent Clip recommendations

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2112

I have a iPhone Plus and it does not fit in the slot and I would like to have hands free capability in case I want to use Waze for navigation. The center vent location is "set-back" on an angle and a standard clip may not have enough outward reach to allow the phone to be straight up and down. There is also some interference issues with the screen and vent.

I don't want a windshield or dashboard suction cup since they mark things up and are really ugly (it's a lease).

Does anybody have any recommendations for the Bolt yet?

Thanks,
Dan

Well, technically it's not a vent clip, but...

What I did was take the 3D printed iphone cupholder dock that I used in my Chevy Spark EV and install that in my right cup holder in my Bolt IMG_5704.jpg and ran the USB cable loosely along the side IMG_5705.jpg.

It allows me to easily drop my iPhone6 into the dock and keeps it stably mounted when I drive.

scknogas said:
Well, technically it's not a vent clip, but...

What I did was take the 3D printed iphone cupholder dock that I used in my Chevy Spark EV and install that in my right cup holder in my Bolt and ran the USB cable loosely along the side.

That's a great idea. How do you keep it from coming out of the cupholder when you remove the phone? Is the dock weighted, or glued to the cupholder?

I bought the clip from pearl auto, I think it works pretty well. I mounted the phone above the large center screen in landscape mode.

kicoken said:
I bought the clip from pearl auto, I think it works pretty well. I mounted the phone above the large center screen in landscape mode.

Did you have any issues with the depth of the blade on the vent? I noticed the blade is pretty deep and there is a smaller blade attached to it below it. And what size phone do you have - I have a 6s Plus.

phil0909 said:
[That's a great idea. How do you keep it from coming out of the cupholder when you remove the phone? Is the dock weighted, or glued to the cupholder?

I use a piece of double stick foam tape to stick the dock to the cupholder.

Back