Carplay Radio Setting

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kicoken

Can someone tell me how when using car play you can access the SXM or AM/FM radio settings? I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get out of the carplay screen.

Actually I have a hell of a time listening to FM when Carplay is active. Many times, especially if I am using Waze of all things it simly refuses to switch to FM (or anything aside from my iPhone). It will switch and then almost instantly switch back to the iPhone. Maddening.

gmaki said:
Many times, especially if I am using Waze of all things it simly refuses to switch to FM (or anything aside from my iPhone). It will switch and then almost instantly switch back to the iPhone. Maddening.
If your phone is playing music and you try to play the radio on the infotainment system I assume the phone's audio will probably override it. You'd have to go to the phone and stop the music player, I'd expect.

Yeah in general I would say that CarPlay is just ok. Apple maps gets the job done but I think waze and google maps do a more consistent job of routing me the best way. Having to push the home button, then repush the button to get back into directions is a little annoying too. As is the directions shutting off if a passenger start using the phone to look something up. Not chevys problem on all of these points though.

It's clear to me the latest version of CarPlay is a bit buggy. I'm not sure if it's entirely in the app, or at least how CarPlay is working with the new Bolt. I've had issues with Pandora, which just randomly stops working, and a couple of instances where the Infotainment screen goes blank and then restarts.

Apple has a new CarPlay version in the beta version of iOS 10.3. It will add some new functions, eg. charge stations. It will also contain inevitable bug fixes. I'm hoping it will fix these issues.

Back