Driving Bolt EV for Uber/Lyft

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anyone else have any experiences?

I am reactivating my Uber driving situation (since my Volt lease ended last September) and I am wondering how Apple CarPlay will work with the Uber Driver's app, among other issues.

Guess I will find out tonight! I sure was not going to start out in last nights' storm!

Let us know! It would be cool if the Uber/Lyft apps showed up on the screen. I'm assuming they won't, but that if you have your mapping app set to Apple Maps, then the map will.

Anyone else on this forum using their Bolt for a ride-hailing service? I'm curious about the screen/app question, and what reactions you get from passengers, and how the front seat comfort is after a long slog behind the wheel.

Uber/Lyft are deep in bed with Apple, even making Apple Watch apps. Lyft has announced plans of an autonomous Bolt in 2018. I think it's reasonable to anticipate Bolts being used for ride hailing services, and that we will see a CarPlay app to support this.

HotPotato said:
...and how the front seat comfort is after a long slog behind the wheel.
Are there complaints about the front seats?

I am 6' and a "big" guy and I like the front seat! I feel it gives me good lumbar support, especially on my 200 mile drive to Paso Robles.

Postponed my initial Uber drive until tonight...

Not too much integration between Uber app and Carplay:

The Uber app has three options for Nav; all worthless currently to Carplay: Uber, Google Maps & Waze.

The only thing that comes thru Carplay is their choice of Pandora music (which can be personalized to the driver's account) to both play and show metadata on the Carplay screen

This Pandora is helpful because the Uber app disables the infotainment audio choice so otherwise there would be no music available

I could fumble with the Sources button each time a ride request comes in to change back to SXM, but it is just not the safe thing to do

Other than that, I am forced to look at and view my iPhone for all other Uber functions!

The integration might work better on Android Auto since Google maps is the default mapping program on that. If you do a lot of Uber driving it might be worth picking up a cheap Android phone. You can find some previous year's flagships on eBay for only $150-$200.

You'd probably still have to interact with the phone for the other actions though.

In the time I think about an Android phone, I hope that Uber adds Apple maps... but thanks for the suggestion!

I have been driving for Lyft for a few months in the Mid Hudson Valley area and passengers L O V E
common remarks..
"So no gas at all?..."
"Where do you charge it"
"

Back