Bolts at VA dealers

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

Are there any Premier Bolts with Driver Confidence Package and DC fast-charging capability in inventories of Chevrolet dealers in Northern Virginia area? I ordered one from Shelor Chevrolet in Christiansburg two months ago and still have not found out when I will get it. So, I would be willing to get one elsewhere in Virginia and drive it home to Blacksburg VA.

I don't think they have any in stock, but Ted Britt in Sterling, VA has some coming in. I'm expecting a White premiere next week from them. They told me they're one of (if not the) highest volume Volt dealers in the mid-Atlantic, and so they're getting them earlier than other dealerships.

I called 3 in Northern Virginia. Two said they had no idea when Bolts would be coming in and no mechanism for me to reserve one. Only Ted Britt had Bolts on the way for purchase. YMMV.

Maybe not VA, but around the DC/Baltimore area I called a couple dealerships. Most were waiting on vehicles to come in (a lot of them said they were delayed, one mentioned a bunch of cars being in quality inspection). The only dealership that actually had cars on the lot and not spoken for (keep in mind this was on Friday) was Ourisman Chevrolet of Rockville. They had a Kinetic Blue and a Black Premier. The sales manager was also adamant that they would not take anything off of MSRP and I was told that they were "only staying on their lot for 2 days at most" before being sold. Didn't need to be pressured and definitely not paying MSRP so I passed. Good luck!

I see 43 on the ground or enroute to dealers in the 20102 zip code area of Virginia:

http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle/locate.html?x-zipcode=20102#/

You can put in different zip codes to see local inventory.

I just got my Bolt this past Friday from Ted Britt. They have more coming in but I believe each of them is already sold. I would call them and make sure though.

My wife & I picked up our white Premiere from Ted Britt last night. They'd only had it off the truck for about 3 hours. The salesman said he hasn't really even had a chance to drive them, they're spoken for as soon as they come in.

SteveMeister said:
My wife & I picked up our white Premiere from Ted Britt last night. They'd only had it off the truck for about 3 hours. The salesman said he hasn't really even had a chance to drive them, they're spoken for as soon as they come in.

While I was there buying mine three different customers tried to take if for a test drive. Luckily my dealer was like nope, it's sold.

I finally gave up on Shelor Chevrolet in Christiansburg on getting my Cajun-Red/Ceramic-White Premier with Driver Confidence Package & fast-charging capability; they gave back my $1000 deposit. So, I ordered with Ted Britt Chevrolet (sales consultant Anthony Saunders) in Sterling VA, 21 miles north of Dulles Airport.

There are five CCS charging stations on the way from Sterling to Blacksburg. I plan to stop and try to charge at all of them on the way home with my Bolt EV. (On plugshare.com comments state that some of them have not been working when BEVs tried to charge there.)

In the fall semester of 2017-2018 I will teach the following 3-lecture course for the Lifelong Learning Institute of Virginia Tech:
a. Hybrid-Electric Cars (HEV)http://www.roperld.com/science/HybridVehicles.pdf
Example: Toyota Prius
b. Plug-in Hybrid-Electric Cars (PHEV)http://www.roperld.com/science/PluginHybridVehicles.pdf
Example: Chevrolet Volt
c. Battery-Electric Cars (BEV)http://www.roperld.com/Science/bevsphevs2017.pdf
Example: Chevrolet Bolt EV

Dave Roper

I would recommend staying FAR AWAY from Ted Britt. They're the sort of dealer that gives car dealers their (usually unjustified) reputation.
They'll take you to the cleaners and refuse to help you. That's why they're happy to sell outside of their area, as they'll never have to support the customers. They don't care if there's no dealer in your area that can support your car, as once you've paid for the car you are of no interest to Ted Britt.

Sorry, Ted. When you annoy a customer, you annoy them for life. I'll do anything I can to steer people away from you.

So, a more positive reply - mine came from Jim McKay Chevrolet in Fairfax.
The buying experience was great, easy to get the order in place and the salesman kept me in the loop the whole time.
No discount off of MSRP, but the demand right now is such that they could have sold mine in minutes. The hilarious part was that when I showed up to pick it up, the showroom staff panicked when I unlocked and sat in it - they were told in no uncertain terms that the car was off limits. :)

RicksBolt said:
I would recommend staying FAR AWAY from Ted Britt. They're the sort of dealer that gives car dealers their (usually unjustified) reputation.
They'll take you to the cleaners and refuse to help you. That's why they're happy to sell outside of their area, as they'll never have to support the customers. They don't care if there's no dealer in your area that can support your car, as once you've paid for the car you are of no interest to Ted Britt.

Sorry, Ted. When you annoy a customer, you annoy them for life. I'll do anything I can to steer people away from you.

Not sure what they did to you but my buying experience was simple and they treated me fair. No up charges or anything. While I was sitting there getting ready to sign paper work someone offered 3k over invoice for the car and they said they already sold it for invoice.

Hey guys, I am quite in need of the best electric car and I was just trying to find the useful Electric car buyers guide so that I can read that to get tips regarding the best EC for my parents. After a lot of research, I am not able to find any good one. Could anyone help regarding that?

Back