Re-Badging Chevy Emblem - Super Easy

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBell33

I have an Ice Silver Bolt, man I love this car, but the gold Chevy bow-tie emblems don't go with the silver & black colors. Here is a super easy improvement to overlay the gold portion with shiny silver.

Get some HVAC Aluminum Foil Insulation Tape at, say, Home Depot. It's shiny sliver and designed for metal ducts, about $10. This sticky-back malleable foil applies easily to metal and conforms to irregular surfaces.

Cut a piece that is slightly bigger than the gold portion of the logo. Tape it in place. Rub/press the tape smoothly and evenly. You'll begin to see that the tape easily conforms to the logo. Cut the tape along the gold logo edge, with a box cutter or something, leaving a little extra which you can press-fold back to hide. Finish by rubbing the surface until the little dot pattern shows and ta da!

The silver looks great and is more in keeping with an EV. Oh yea, for bonus points do the steering wheel and rims as well.

20951-1370531476-88c7ce21c4539100b150f752c3ad9f0c.jpg

Electric blue is what this car needs. On Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-3435-Prismatic-Sheeting-Reflective/dp/B00K2R34AE/ref=pd_sbs_328_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00K2R34AE&pd_rd_r=3BSFWBHJ5ZZ507NDK55S&pd_rd_w=f2wR1&pd_rd_wg=3RKWP&psc=1&refRID=3BSFWBHJ5ZZ507NDK55S

But hopefully this can be found in something less than a 25 pack...

KJH

Back