CA Rebate Application Approved

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt1372

Just got word today the CA Clean Vehicle Rebate Application that I submitted on 2/6/17 was just approved BUT that I will still have to wait up to another 90 days to actually see the check for $2,500. No word yet from PGE for their $500 rebate; submitted that application on the same date.

Anyone else get their CA Clean Vehicle Rebate Application for their Bolt approved yet?

Sounds like a pain in the butt.

My 14k government rebate gets factored in right at the dealer, and is reflected in the out-the-door price.

Yes, mine took very close to the estimated 'within 30 days' they estimate, but was approved without difficulty a couple of weeks ago. No sign of a check yet, but I expect it will arrive in the next ~90 days. Not a huge hassle, application is all online and requires scanning some documents. It would be nicer if the car dealer did the paperwork and credited the rebate at time of sale.

I applied on January 27th and it was approved March 1st.

Still waiting for check to be sent.

I remember receiving it for my leased Volt; was nice to offset my lease downpayment then and it will do the same this time, too!

Great post. I had just checked prior to coming here, and it's still in process (submitted on 2/22, so it's about a week and a half away from their deadline).

I didn't know it took an additional 90 days -eesh. At least it eventually gets done. I'll continue to update the thread as the milestones hit.

FWIW, and it's old news: I leased my Volt on 9/13/13 and I received my Cal Rebate of $1,500 on 12/6/13.

SparkEVPilot said:
Be sure to apply for your $500 PG&E rebate if you live within the PG&E service area.
Is the PGE an automatic rebate, no matter what?

Here in LA, we must install an L2 and get up to $750 towards its cost from LADWP.

Since I am still operating at 120v, I have not applied for that rebate.

I got mine approved on Feb. 9. Ninety days for the state to generate a check.

NINETY days? That's not processing time, that's a deliberate delay. If I have a Cal. State tax refund, I often get the funds within five days, so I know they can do it faster if they wanted. Not that I'm complaining, it seems like "found money" at this point.

PG&E was much faster. I got approval in about a month and received check about a week later.

dandrewk said:
Not that I'm complaining,..
You're complaining! :p

It IS found money!

People in other states wait MUCH longer than 90 days to receive it... :lol:

Same here, my CA application was approved exactly 30 days after submitting and I was notified that it till take up to 90 days for the check to be issued. I was surprised it would take so long. :shock:

The PG&E rebate on the other hand took about 4 weeks total and once I got the approval e-mail, the check arrived in just a few days.

klowenst said:
The PG&E rebate on the other hand took about 4 weeks total and once I got the approval e-mail, the check arrived in just a few days.

Submitted my PGE rebate app at the same time as the Clean Vehicle Rebate app on 2/6/17. PGE app is still "in progress."

The email I got acknowledging the app said it could take 60 days to receive an "update" on the status. Think I'm going to call PGE tomorrow just to check on it anyway.

Called PGE today.

Said that they had received my app and there was nothing "wrong" with it. It just needs to be processed. They have a lot of rebate apps "in progress" and ONLY 2 people who approve them. Only 2 people, really???

So, they are estimating at least 60 days before apps can be approved currently. No mention of how long to actually issue the check. Hopefully, it's not another 90 days as w/the Clean Fuel Vehicle Rebate.

Oh well . . .

Wow. I thought the CA state rebate was dead. Very glad to see that it got renewed. Wasn't there a spot of bother of whether Jerry Brown could scrape up the cash to keep it going? Congrats to those who qualify.

On Tuesday I finally applied for the PG&E rebate (for two cars Bolt and the Plug-in Prius) and the Clean Vehicle Rebate for the Bolt. Now the waiting begins.

I seem to recall the last time I applied for the Clean Vehicle Rebate for the PiP, I had to physically send in paperwork. Being able to file everything electronically is nice...

drdiesel1 said:
PG&E sent me an email of rebate approval for 500 bucks. It's about time :D

How long did it take you to get the email approval? Let us also know how long it actually takes to get the check. Thanks!

Just got an email saying that my PGE Rebate app was "not approved" because the necessary info was not attached/included. I say BS to that because I sent them the same info that I sent w/my CA Clean Fuel Vehicle Rebate app, which has already been approved.

Even so, I'm going to have to reapply for the $500 rebate. What a PITA.

Back