Wheels Brainstorming Thread

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wookie

Should be getting my Black Premier in the next 3 weeks or so. I have decided to get myself a set of summer and winter wheels/tires and store the factory set in my garage for the life of the lease. Don't feel like dealing with curb rashed wheels on the lease return - factory wheels are retarded expensive.

I was cruising Google today, and came across a color that really struck me

Niche Wheels - "Peek A Blue"

Niche_Grand-Prix_19x10.5_Peek-a-Blue_A1_1000.png

Here it is on a flat black i8

tumblr_oed9idHLo91qa3f1ao1_1280.jpg

And on a Golf

C-Misano_VWMKWjd1.jpg

The reason I am even remotely considering it is the Blue accents on the car signifying EV. With a little more tasteful color (maybe a candy or anodized blue wrap) in key spots, ( like the Bowties maybe?? ) the look could turn out ok?

Or maybe I am crazy. :)

A bit gaudy at first look, could work well with black, but hey, it's your car; go for it!

As long as we're brainstorming winter tires/wheels, the Bolt spun a right front pulling up our steep driveway when the asphalt was bare and dry. Maybe Sport shouldn't be used in low traction situations. Anyway, we always mount snows on everything. The Nokian will be my first choice, with Gislaved and Michelin as Plan B & C.

Has anyone found a best source for Bolt wheels? In fact, I haven't even researched the bolt circle and wheel dimensions yet. What are they and what else interchanges?

jack vines

I live in cold country and I noticed the tires that came with my Bolt were Michelin M&S. What tires do you guys in warm climates get? I noticed the traction is pretty good although I haven't nailed it from a dead stop, I'm usually going 20 mph or more.

Back