bobpenn

Seat split at the seams

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm

I noticed a week ago that my front driver's seat had a piece of plastic sticking out at the seams (see photo). The dealer ordered another seat from Detroit. It arrived today, and what do you know, it also had the plastic sticking out! They are telling me that it looks like a manufacturing error, and they sent my original seat to an upholsterer to repair the seat.

I don't care, so long as they fix the seat, but it's odd that two of them had it. Keep your eyes out ...

bolt seat.jpg
bolt seat.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 5149 times

drdiesel1

Re: Seat split at the seams

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 am

That's the retainer sticking out. It's not in place behind the side airbag cover. :idea:
Your dealer is clueless :mrgreen:

bobpenn

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 pm

They know what it is. They are having trouble re-positioning it. Hopefully they will come through, but that is what warranty is all about!

rybolt

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 pm

ugh, so it looks like mine's doing it to. Oh car 1.0, why must you test me so!

Hey drdiesel1, before I bring this to my idiot dealer, has there been a TSB on this?

...and can anyone recommend a NON-idiot dealer in Southern California? ;)
SEAT.JPG
SEAT.JPG (194.38 KiB) Viewed 5017 times

drdiesel1

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:29 am

rybolt wrote:ugh, so it looks like mine's doing it to. Oh car 1.0, why must you test me so!

Hey drdiesel1, before I bring this to my idiot dealer, has there been a TSB on this?

...and can anyone recommend a NON-idiot dealer in Southern California? ;)
SEAT.JPG

I have not found a TSB for this yet, but that could change at anytime. I'm in NorCal, so, I can't help with a dealer reference.

bobpenn

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:24 pm

My split seat has been fixed, I have been told (picking it up tomorrow, as the "idiot dealer" as they were called also touched up the paint in an area where I scraped the Bolt during my first backup with the rear cameras. They sent it to a body shop, even though it was 100% my fault).

There may be an issue with the front driver's seat. I just posted to let people know in case it happens to them, and to let them know that they will address it. Who knows, when they are doing the repair, maybe they will also add more padding to the seat (not a problem for me, but I know it's bothering many people on this forum).

drdiesel1

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:08 pm

bobpenn wrote:My split seat has been fixed, I have been told (picking it up tomorrow, as the "idiot dealer" as they were called also touched up the paint in an area where I scraped the Bolt during my first backup with the rear cameras. They sent it to a body shop, even though it was 100% my fault).

There may be an issue with the front driver's seat. I just posted to let people know in case it happens to them, and to let them know that they will address it. Who knows, when they are doing the repair, maybe they will also add more padding to the seat (not a problem for me, but I know it's bothering many people on this forum).

I never said your dealer was an, "Idiot".......... I just wonder who the, "IDIOT" was, that ordered you a complete seat :lol:

bobpenn

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Actually don't know what they ordered. I'm assuming was complete seat but it might've just been a part. All I know is the part had to come from Detroit because I did not have it in stock. Did not mean to miscommunicate.

Zago

Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Mine is doing the same thing on both seats :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Boy did they screw up on this seats all around, I can wait till the stitching starts to come apart, when will this seat issue end?????
Attachments
Left seat.JPG
Left seat.JPG (41.45 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
Right seat.JPG
Right seat.JPG (45.21 KiB) Viewed 4742 times

flamaest

Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Me too... GM is ordering a new seat cover but I doubt this will fix it (long term) My car had this issue at 200 miles on the ODO. $43k for this sort of seat quality is laughable.

AMBER from GM, are you reading this? Where is the TSB already???

Bolt-seat-issue.jpg
Bolt-seat-issue.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 4586 times

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”