Bolt ordered not what was delivered

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzesty

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some opinions on this. I ordered my Bolt 14 weeks ago, my sales person sent me the build sheet so that I can have the VIN# to check for its arrival on their site. I noticed that the interior colour scheme not what I had asked for. This was confirmed by my sales person when I pointed it out to him. He suggests we see what actually shows up and assures me he will make sure I will be happy and satisfied by the time we finish the deal. So instead of really stressing out about it, I agreed to just wait and see what shows up since I expect it to be delivered within the week since it was shipped on May 10th. But I realize that I can't live with the interior being the wrong colour scheme that I ordered (otherwise what is the point of ordering a car if you get whatever they decide to send to you). I have to live with it for the next XX number of years as well.

Any thoughts on what the options are for me should the car that gets delivered not be what I ordered. Which since in the computer system the interior is wrong I can only assume that it's not what I ordered that is going to be showing up since it's only on paper that the order is correct and the plant doesn't see the paper copy of the order. Deep sigh, so frustrated and sad about noticing this. The only thing I can think of is either A) replace the seats, B) swap the one that is delivered for me with one from the US since Seattle has 6 vehicles that match my order on their lots right now. Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

My guess is the color scheme will match the electronic records, not what you wanted, and the salesperson is planning on trying to talk you into taking it anyways.

Your options are to settle for the color scheme you don't want or not take the car. I can't see them swapping seats with another car, depending on the color scheme that changes the dash color scheme too and they end up with a car that doesn't match the color scheme listed on the sticker.

If you can live with the color scheme:

C.) Ask for a $1000 discount. Settle on $500.

They may offer an in-store service credit, which is pretty much useless on a car that's under warranty and requires little maintenance - so don't accept it. If they choose not to make it right, that's on them; not you. The mark of a good dealership is how they handle issues like this one. If you aren't satisfied with what they propose, walk away and order the car from another dealership.

If others are available with your preferred colors and options, have them swap for one of those.

Or have them order another one with the correct colors and options.

I can feel your frustration. You deserve to get what you ordered. If the incoming Bolt isn't it, demand to get one that suits your needs. Press them to swap with another dealer that has the right car, even if they have to go out of state to get it.

It's GM's screw up, so they should make good in a VERY timely manner.

You have waited this long what's a little longer? If you can wait - things can only get better from a price perspective. More cars on dealer lots mean better incentives. It would be a heck of deal to get me to move on it especially if it was their fault.

dan2112 said:
If you can wait - things can only get better from a price perspective. More cars on dealer lots mean better incentives. It would be a heck of deal to get me to move on it especially if it was their fault.

Apparently, dealers are already discounting the car by $7,000 (or more) off of MSRP:

sparkyps said:
There were $7000 worth of dealer discounts and GM incentives, others have done better.

That made it less than $33k and the leasing company generously gave a $24k residual on the vehicle, inflated due to the $7500 tax credit they are going to get (and like me they look at their bottom line so they considered that tax credit as additional revenue they are going to get). Nobody thinks a 3 year old Chevy Bolt LT will be worth $24k in 3 years with 45,000 miles on it.

So other than financing that $7500 tax credit for 3 years I really leased a $25k car. And that's the bottom line.

OP, was this deal better than yours?

Thanks for your feedback it has helped sort through some pressing factors. In Canada, we can't order any more Bolts until next year as they have stopped supply any 2017 models to us in Ontario, Quebec, and BC. So that makes it even more frustrating for me - because I'm really screwed to a certain point. Now if my dealer in BC can do a car swap with one of the dealers in Seattle, WA where there are 6+ cars that match my order then I think it will be OK. But if for some reason CA and the USA can't do car swaps.... Well, I'm not sure how happy I'm going to be when the fault isn't mine - not even the sales person either, but the person who entered my order into GMs ordering system.

Apparently, my car is now in Vancouver and is waiting to be trailered to my dealer now so will keep everyone posted. I'm excited but worried at the same time!

oilerlord said:
dan2112 said:
If you can wait - things can only get better from a price perspective. More cars on dealer lots mean better incentives. It would be a heck of deal to get me to move on it especially if it was their fault.

Apparently, dealers are already discounting the car by $7,000 (or more) off of MSRP:

sparkyps said:
There were $7000 worth of dealer discounts and GM incentives, others have done better.

That made it less than $33k and the leasing company generously gave a $24k residual on the vehicle, inflated due to the $7500 tax credit they are going to get (and like me they look at their bottom line so they considered that tax credit as additional revenue they are going to get). Nobody thinks a 3 year old Chevy Bolt LT will be worth $24k in 3 years with 45,000 miles on it.

So other than financing that $7500 tax credit for 3 years I really leased a $25k car. And that's the bottom line.

OP, was this deal better than yours?

That was $7000 in dealer discounts AND GM incentives on a lease. Not a $7000 dealer discount. Dealer discount was a bit over $3500. Simply had him match a lease deal from Keyes Chevrolet that was online and then modify it for the 15k miles I wanted instead of 10k miles.

Sat in my car today at the dealer. So excited, but the seats are the dark galvanized grey not the two tone - dark galvanized grey/sky cool grey. Stated change the seats and I'm happy. Don't change the seats you will see how unhappy I am. Looking into the issue of who is going to be billed for this change since the dealer ordered my car correctly in workbench so not sure why it didn't come with the correct interior. Will be picking the car up on Sunday, June 11th once it's all done being cleaned and inspected. Dealer seems more than happy to change the seats, just need to figure out who pays for the labor and parts. Um, it's not going to be me that's for sure.

Get it in writing before you pick up the car. Not just that the seats are going to be swapped but a no later than date and recourse if they fail to do so.

Verbal promises have a way of getting forgotten after you've signed and taken delivery and written promises with no due date and no recourse are about as valuable as verbal promises.

Do you have a copy of your order sheet? When my dealer ordered the Bolt for me in GM Workbench, he gave me a copy of the order sheet, which included a listing of everything ordered with the car, including interior color choices. It also included a 6-digit alphanumeric order number. I was able to use that order number with the Chevy customer chat folks to track the production of my Bolt, including getting a VIN once it was produced. If you have that, you might want to make sure that the VIN of what your car is supposed to be matches that of the car that is at the dealer.

Yes I thought at first it was the wrong car and it wasn't mine. But everything matches perfectly. In fact, the ordered confirmation print out from workbench states my order to the T. But what was sent and on the build sheet does not match. I'm not sure how it changed from being entered into the workbench and being produced... Not that I care about putting blame anywhere I just want the seats changed out so that it's not dark galvanized grey but dark galvanized grey/cook sky grey like I and the dealer had ordered. So far the dealer is being good about making the changes, but if it gets messy they will see how annoyed I can get and more things will be asked. But I just want my seats right now.

So picked up my Bolt on Sunday (June 11th). The manager started giving me a hard time about the seats and who was supposed to look into it. Like it was something I was supposed to do!". OMG, I was getting so mad. So then the manager and my sales guy say "let's go look at the car". So I'm like fine, let's do that. Halfway to the car, I see the back seat head rests and see that they are not dark gray galvanized colour but is now sky cool gray colour!!!! I ran the rest of the way to the car and said: "you jerks, I was about to totally go ballistic on you two!!"

So, the dealer had the car for a week, in which they did their inspection, detail work, AND changed the seats to what I had ordered!!!

So impressed with this dealers service and customer care. Really went above and beyond with my order. AND I'm loving this car!!!

Sales Managers are often testy and a bit confrontational. Remember in the "good cop bad cop" technique of negotiating, the bad cop is the manager. The salesman is all cool, friendly, helpful, and on "your side". When you finally get past the "I'll check with my manager" stage and actually go face to face with said manager, he's s surly prick who gets offended by any counteroffers.

Glad you got what you wanted. Now go out there and enjoy you new, awesome ride!

Back