Smarthome and Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thiagofneves

Hey guys, Im automating my Bolt EV to work with my house, I developed a system to indicate if the car is charging or not, based on conditions, I get a Notification on my phone to remind me to charge the car...
I would need to get some info from the car, such as how many km left for the charge I have and input that into my programming.
I was wondering if there is anyway to connect to Onstar or mychevrolet app through a computer browser. I know Volt has it but I couldn't find it for Bolt... Can someone help me out with that please?

Thanks a lot

Thiagofneves said:
Hey guys, Im automating my Bolt EV to work with my house, I developed a system to indicate if the car is charging or not, based on conditions, I get a Notification on my phone to remind me to charge the car...
I would need to get some info from the car, such as how many km left for the charge I have and input that into my programming.
I was wondering if there is anyway to connect to Onstar or mychevrolet app through a computer browser. I know Volt has it but I couldn't find it for Bolt... Can someone help me out with that please?

Thanks a lot
You can already configure the Bolt to remind you to plug the car in to charge. You can even set it up so that the car only charges when super-low rates are in effect, or to have it complete by your estimated departure time, or a combination of the two.

I'm not sure what other sort of automation you would need to do that the Bolt doesn't already offer.

I just checked IFTTT and was surprised they have not developed a service for OnSTAR.

I wish OnStar would publish some APIs for us programmers to work with. Maybe not change values, but definitely read values. But I guess if happen their apps would be OnStar would be Out of Business!

jackphillips1953 said:
I wish OnStar would publish some APIs for us programmers to work with. Maybe not change values, but definitely read values. But I guess if happen their apps would be OnStar would be Out of Business!
Thats exactly what i mean!!!!

jackphillips1953 said:
There is an on* link someplace that has the source code for you to use. I saw it while browsing their various sites. If I find it again I will post the link. It's free to download.
On* is now merging with the MyChevrolete site, so you can do all charging and other control things from the same app. Not sure it is all magical, but its fun. You can turn on the car, send navigation info to the car, and so on.

Back