GM Owner Advisory Panel?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt1372

Just got the following email. Has anyone else got one? Doesn't look or feel "right" to me.

Going to forward it to the GM Customer Care rep who logs on here but would like to know if others think it's legit or not?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear GM Vehicle Owner,

Thank you for being part of the GM Family. We would like to invite you to become part of our exclusive online consumer research panel, the Owner Advisory Panel - GM, where consumers can provide feedback to GM about different topics. Your feedback can play an important role in our vehicle development process, helping our engineers, designers, and decision makers to shape our vehicles for years to come.

Owner Advisory Panel - GM (OAP) members have shared their opinions on a variety of features, brand initiatives, and vehicle design topics including:

Future features and technology
Autonomous and electric vehicle development
Vehicle designs
Naming and badging
And much more…

We have partnered with a market research firm named Gongos, Inc. to manage our panel’s day-by-day activities. If you agree to join the Owner Advisory Panel - GM, communications will come from a Gongos, Inc. e-mail address. To become a member, please click the link below and take a brief survey (about 5 minutes) to see if you qualify. Please be assured that information from this survey will be used for research purposes only and that your answers will only be used in the aggregate with other survey responses.

If you have already completed the survey previously, you will be redirected to join the Owner Advisory Panel instead.

Click here to start the survey.

If you are unable to click on the link above, please copy and paste the full URL below into your browser:

https: //s.gongos.com/ppiz/?pid=C289872R11515S0&s=g82v

We look forward to hearing your opinions!

Thank you,
The Owner Advisory Panel - GM Team

If you no longer want to have any communication from GM via e-mail, please click here to unsubscribe.

Please click here to view our GM Privacy Statement.

General Motors Company | P.O. Box 33170 | Detroit, MI | 48232-5170
©2017 General Motors. All Rights Reserved.

No response from the GM Customer Care rep.

So, I'm going to just treat the email as "phish" bait and continue to ignore it.

Same here... got this one too.. have also gotten tons of customer satisfaction surveys, other panel requests, 20 page questionnaires, satisfaction phone calls from GM and their partners, for the last year, yada yada yada..... and no one at GM will fix these blasted front seats so you have to do it yourself.

Why they really want to get this info is so they can prove how they got their 'car of the year' awards....

"Gongos" is a third party market research provider. They may have been called on by GM to collect your data, or Gongos sold GM on collecting it for them. In any event, it's about all your data...and finding out more about you in terms of your demographic, your habits, things you consume, and things that matter to you. The profile they build on you is valuable to both Gongos and GM - and it's sold. Sometimes, over and over again.

We wonder why we get so much spam, bulk mail with "limited time offers", and nuisance phone calls from random companies wanting to sell us stuff. Worse, it's quite possible that at some point down the road, the personal data some of us so freely share, is sold to other parties - and becomes compromised. Gongos, and other "data science" companies like them, are ground zero.

https://gongos.com/

sgt1372 said:
No response from the GM Customer Care rep.

So, I'm going to just treat the email as "phish" bait and continue to ignore it.

It's a legit thing. Not phishing bait. It's a chance to let GM know what you want in future cars.

I was on a Prius PHEV advisory panel for years. I dropped out when Toyota started to threaten lawsuits - plus associated costs - if anyone talked or wrote about anything discussed. It wasn't very interesting, all in all, although I think I may have has something to do with the Prime having a heat pump.

Been getting these for years. Really. Sometimes they're dumb, and sometimes they're for neat stuff like helping decide which hilltop reserve interface makes more sense. Ultimately they went with the worst one with the least options. Wish you guys woulda chimed in when you had the chance!

I received it and filled out the questionnaire. It seems harmless. Not sure who benefits ... I don't as far as I can tell.

Still not going to respond to this survey. Frankly, I dislike the way this poll was marketed. "GM Owner Advisory Panel" -- really? :roll:

But, in any event, I'm done w/these customer surveys. I've received an filled out 4 or 5 already. That's enough. :x

Back