Waze for Android Auto

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to download the regular version of Waze before it will push the closed beta version.

If you manually downloaded the other regular beta, it will not allow you to receive the AA version.

Also know that they will send you news and updates in your email about both versions of the beta so this will often be confusing. Only the beta notifications that also note Android Auto in it (currently much less infrequently) are the ones to act upon.

If you currently have the regular non-AA version installed, uninstall it and download the regular Play store version. Also be sure your profile on Centercode has only one "vehicle profile" on there. If you did what I did, every time they requested me to update that profile it sent me to create a new one, causing more issues and wait time.

And know they are having issues with timeliness anyways.

gbobman said:
You have to download the regular version of Waze before it will push the closed beta version.

If you manually downloaded the other regular beta, it will not allow you to receive the AA version.

Also know that they will send you news and updates in your email about both versions of the beta so this will often be confusing. Only the beta notifications that also note Android Auto in it (currently much less infrequently) are the ones to act upon.

If you currently have the regular non-AA version installed, uninstall it and download the regular Play store version. Also be sure your profile on Centercode has only one "vehicle profile" on there. If you did what I did, every time they requested me to update that profile it sent me to create a new one, causing more issues and wait time.

And know they are having issues with timeliness anyways.
Thanks for the help. Still no good. Loaded version 4.24.0.113 successfully. No issues. Removed and re-installed AA version 2.4.722903. Any ideas? Thanks.

Current AA version is 4.26.0.904. You have to leave the "regular" version on the phone and wait until you are notified of an update via the Play store. It would then push the AA version at that point.

First time took 3 days to be notified of the update.

gbobman said:
Current AA version is 4.26.0.904. You have to leave the "regular" version on the phone and wait until you are notified of an update via the Play store. It would then push the AA version at that point.

Ok thanks. I am one rev off. Lets see what happens. Can't understand why they make it so hard to install.

jackphillips1953 said:
gbobman said:

Ok thanks. I am one rev off. Lets see what happens. Can't understand why they make it so hard to install.

Thanks for the help. After using AA 3 times it came up!

Yay!

They also just posted 4.26.0.906 so it must have activated in the current cycle.

Back