FS: Stock Michelin Energy Saver A/S with Selfseal

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeToy

I have swapped my stock Michelin Energy Saver A/S with Selfseal for some stickier tires, so I do not need the stock tires anymore, they were taken off at 3200 miles and all 4 tires and in great/like new condition. I understand they are rather hard to source, so this may help a few people with punctured tires.

I'm looking for $120 per tire. please send me a PM with your location (I'm in San Diego) if interested.

electricbolt said:
Just curious but what is the brand of stickier tires that you bought and did you notice a decrease in range?
I went with the Riken Raptor ZR in OEM size. In San Diego we can run summer tires all year long. I have theses tires for roughly 1500 miles now.

They are definitely way stickier than the stock tires, a much more secure feel overall, no more wheel spin during acceleration or aggressive cornering. There is not a lot of feel difference at low speed, but the car really feel transformed when pushed a bit more and all the "wobbliness" is gone. The turn-in and initial bite is crispier, so you feel it in the steering, but there is no specific suspension feel difference with the new tires.

The stock tires, unlike traditional run flat tires, do not have a stiff sidewall, so you will not get any confort improvement here. I found that inflating the tires to the recommended value as opposed to over-inflating to gain efficiency, goes a long way toward improving confort.

Now for the cons, there is an slight impact on the efficiency and range, I went from 4.1 to 3.7 Miles/kWh (Range show 210-220 miles in the morning), during my normal commute, obviously efficiency drops even more during canyons and back road driving, as the car is now a real peach to enjoy dynamically.

Back