MyChevrolet App for Android Smart Phone

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

Hi there!

I've been using the MyChevrolet app for 4 months since getting the Bolt, using it mainly for checking tire pressure and battery charge level.
Suddenly, as of today, it won't let me check either one without setting up "key pass", which I really don't need or want. But I tried setting it up anyway and it asks me when pairing the phone to the Bolt to type in the code. Where do I type it in? There's no place in the car's infotainment system that I know of to type the code and there's no place within the app itself to type it. So, I click on "pair", but it never pairs and I cannot get the tire/battery info I want.

Has anybody else had this issue and solved it? If so, please enlighten me!!

Thanks,
Jerry

I'm working from memory, but I went through the keypass thing a few days ago with my android MyChevrolet app and I remember a QR code appearing on the screen of the bolt that the app read through my phone and made everything pair. It took a couple of tries.

tstreete said:
I'm working from memory, but I went through the keypass thing a few days ago with my android MyChevrolet app and I remember a QR code appearing on the screen of the bolt that the app read through my phone and made everything pair. It took a couple of tries.

The problem is that the app is now useless. Even if I get the Bolt paired correctly to the app, it still means I have to sit in the car, turn it on and then check the tire pressure and battery charge from the app. But this is totally pointless because I can check both from the car itself!!!
Before, I could check the tire pressure and battery charge from my home, without having to turn on the car or sit in it. By the way, Bluetooth pairing is not the problem, the car and android phone pair together without issue, otherwise I couldn't make hands-free calling from the car.
The app is the problem, somebody on the app programming side really screwed up.

You may want to check that the MyChevrolet account that the app is trying is still working (from a web browser).

boltage said:
You may want to check that the MyChevrolet account that the app is trying is still working (from a web browser).

Thank you for the suggestion. It's working now, I closed the account and reopened it and that fixed it!

jsg said:
boltage said:

Thank you for the suggestion. It's working now, I closed the account and reopened it and that fixed it!

Actually, it the problem came back. I logged out and logged back in, but instead of allowing me to access my charging and tire pressure information it once again is asking me to enable key-pass, which I don't want to do and don't need.

Weird. I'll have to call my dealer again, hopefully somebody around here knows what's going on...

Best,
Jerry

Back