Interior Options for LT and Premiere

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

I tried asking in another topic but no one replied. Since it makes sense to have a topic about the numerous interior colors and options I'll ask it again:

* Do all of the Premiere interiors have those awful bright white trim pieces on the dash? It was my impression that you could get the dark grey interior without them.

* What about the LT?

On http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/bolt-ev/2017/bolt-ev/color , if you change the picture to the interior picture showing the dash, you will find that changing the interior colors on the configurator does not change the white and gray colors on the dash (but does change the color on the seats).

Geez. GM Really doesn't want this car to appeal to a wide range of people. I assume this applies to the LT as well?

The thing is, I usually drive my Leaf in Eco because I don't need the extra power most of the time, and most of my trips are well under 70 miles. I'd really rather have a 150 mile range car with an interior I like. Trump and the Republicans have really messed things up for me.

I'm not going to jump the Leaf ship until it either looks certain the subsidy will be cut, or that it will be cut later, retroactive to 1/1/2018. If it looks safe until at least march, then I'll put a deposit on a 2018 Leaf SV. I do like some things about the Bolt, and would have loved it when I was young. The Leaf is just a much better car for an Old Man. ;-)

LeftieBiker said:
Geez. GM Really doesn't want this car to appeal to a wide range of people. I assume this applies to the LT as well?
To be fair, you are assuming your tastes are the same as a wide range of people.
I don't mind that part of the interior at all..
But maybe I am not part of that wide range.. ;-)

desiv

FWIW, the interior of a 2017 Prius looks worse than the Bolt. Personally, I like the interior of the Bolt just fine.

Otherwise I wouldn't have leased it, just as I decided not to lease/buy the new Prius because of the glossy white plastic used in the interior.

To be fair, you are assuming your tastes are the same as a wide range of people.

No, I'm just assuming that most people don't prefer small, uncomfortable seats, and that most would like to choose whether or not the interiors have bright white trim pieces in the driver's field of view. I really don't think that these are unusual preferences.

LeftieBiker said:
...I'm just assuming that most people ... would like to choose whether or not the interiors have bright white trim pieces in the driver's field of view.
I never notice the white trim while I'm driving. I don't notice the blue light strip at night, either, unless for some reason I choose to look at it.

IMHO the much more important option is to get the dark dashboard so that you don't get annoying reflections in the windscreen on sunny days.

LeftieBiker said:

No, I'm just assuming that most people don't prefer small, uncomfortable seats, and that most would like to choose whether or not the interiors have bright white trim pieces in the driver's field of view. I really don't think that these are unusual preferences.

Still the same. ;-)

The seats are small, but "uncomfortable" depends on the person.
They aren't my favorite (I bought a cushion), but I've seen posts/videos from people who are as large as I (or around) and they don't mind them... So who knows..

The bright white trim pieces, again, are in the eye of the beholder, and you assume that you are in the majority there as well.
I like the optimism there, but you know what they say about assuming.. ;-)

Not saying you aren't right.. Maybe you are a good representative of the majority. Who knows.. ;-)

desiv

LeftieBiker said:

I find the Bolt seats to be neither too small nor uncomfortable. There are four different drivers for this car, and nobody has an issue with them either.

Same goes for the interior. I like the contrast of white/dark gray. Not everybody has the same tastes.

GM could make make the seats wider, softer, taller etc. I guarantee there would be more than a few complaints about them. GM could make the interior a uniform color, and many would complain. There will ALWAYS be SOME who don't like something about a given make, and the Bolt is no different. I doubt the Bolt seats and/or interior have any major impact on total sales, one way or another.

I don't know of many manufacturers who make you look at one panel bright color in ALL of the available interiors for a car. There are a couple others who make you sit on cheap leather seats if you want upscale tech features, but that's a terrible trend. As for the seats, well, we've seen enough complaints here that I don't think I have to explain myself.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
You won’t even notice it when you’re driving it like a race car, with all the heat you want, and you still end up with a full Leaf charge after 150 mile trip.
That's a bit of an exaggeration, on all counts! I took mine on its inaugural "long distance" highway trip yesterday, around 158 miles round trip. It was not bad weather but definitely cold (around 30-35), and we were very judicious with heat, stuck to 65 mph via cruise control (definitely not driving like a racecar!), and made it home with 38 miles to spare.

Still, it was enough - that's about the extent of what I was hoping to get. And having that much range left meant that I wasn't limited in running a few errands around town today, so that passes my base test. But if we had to make the same trip in very cold weather or snow, we'd take the gas-fueled car to be on the safe side.

Exaggerations? OK, a bit. Mostly it was play on the relative experiences coming from a first gen Leaf and how that might compensate for the relative decrease in comfort. But comfort is relatively more important to Leftie so it doesn’t really matter.

Leftie, there’s an element of risk in any decision you take here. You’ll probably like the new Leaf, and maybe no tax changes will happen, but the 2017 Bolts are selling out now, and then there’ll only be 2018 LEAFs and Bolts and so not much discounting pressure from MSRP for either. But waiting until discounts kick in increases the odds that the republicans can get their act together, so maybe paying closer to MSRP will actually be less expensive? Strange days indeed.

If it is still likely a tax "reform" bill will pass, or it has passed by the last week in December I'll have to lease a Bolt. If it seems unlikely, I'll wait for a 2018 Leaf. And if I judge wrong and the credit gets killed before the Leaf is available in February, I'll probably look for a used 2015 or 2016 (with high SOH) Leaf. I'm not going to enjoy the next few months...

LeftieBiker said:
If it is still likely a tax "reform" bill will pass, or it has passed by the last week in December I'll have to lease a Bolt. If it seems unlikely, I'll wait for a 2018 Leaf. And if I judge wrong and the credit gets killed before the Leaf is available in February, I'll probably look for a used 2015 or 2016 (with high SOH) Leaf. I'm not going to enjoy the next few months...

A bit OT, but the EV tax credit is small potatoes in the scope of tax revenue, and even that is offset by increased sales of EVs. The repubs threw that in there, along with the health care mandate, because they knew both are near and dear to Democrats. By "giving in" to items they knew would never fly anyway, the repubs look like they are negotiating. The ONLY thing they care about is padding the wallets of their corporate masters. It's classic beltway politics, aka swamp politics.

LeftieBiker said:
The thing is, I usually drive my Leaf in Eco because I don't need the extra power most of the time, and most of my trips are well under 70 miles. I'd really rather have a 150 mile range car with an interior I like. Trump and the Republicans have really messed things up for me.

I wanted an LT, but with leather. Leather not available on LTs. However, several Chevy dealers I talked to had access to upholstery shops that they claimed could redo the cloth seats into leather (color and stitch pattern to be my choice) for around $900. They said the result would be factory-grade professional looking.

You'd still be $6600 ahead after tax time....

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't want leather. I need the 4 camera parking system, and that prevents me from getting an LT, unless I add an aftermarket system to a leased car, which is problematic. I'd also be adding so many options to an LT that I'd be near the discounted price of the Premiere...oh, and apparently Driver Confidence II, which is the one I want, isn't even available on the LT.

Back