front license plate bracket

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunmyer

I live in Michigan, which doesn't require a front plate, so none was installed on the Bolt when I took delivery. My VW had it in the trunk, so I could install it myself, but Chevy apparently doesn't do this. Is it an extra-cost item, or can I just ask the dealer for it?

My vehicles sport a National Rifle Association plate on the front, and I'd like to move one from my Leaf to the Bolt.

Thanks!! <<Jim>>

If your state doesn't require it, then the dealer didn't install it or charge you for it. My state (California) does require it, and did charge me for it. Therefore, I doubt they'll give you one for free. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

My front plate holder has a protruding border, and is slightly skinnier than my plate and frame. This causes a slight concave bow in my frame when it's attached. It was annoying when I installed it and I was kneeling by the bumper, but I don't notice it much anymore. Recommend: have a washer (spacer) handy in case you're OCD and your plate doesn't sit completely flat.

Back