Got call from GM dealership for oil change

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaric

I am from Toronto, Canada, own a Bolt for a month, love car, planning to write review.

Today received a call from GM dealership.

- Hi, you are due for a oil change
- What oil change?
- Motor oil change. Let me schedule appointment ..
- Wait, I DONT HAVE A MOTOR
- Really? Here is a Volt and Bolt and...
- You are correct, Volt has a motor, but Bold does not.
- I am sorry, let me check and call you back...

I think she was shocked :)

Would have been fun to schedule it and bring the Bolt in to see what happened.

Would have gotten really fun if they claimed to have performed the work and billed you for it.......

I started getting "maintenance reminder" card(s) in the mail and a phone call, month 5, telling me I was "overdue" for my first scheduled maintenance visit. I have just 5,200 miles six months in and I plan to wait until about 7,500 for the tire rotation and ask them to update the firmware to 14.2 or whatever is current at that time...

yaric said:
- Wait, I DONT HAVE A MOTOR...
Well, to be pedantic about it, you do have a motor. What you lack is an engine.

You could probably have gotten the service rep really confused by asking "why would a motor need oil, it's not an engine after all!".

when i was buying mine, they were happy to throw in a couple of free oil changes. I let the money guy who was telling me that info, that I was buying a full electric. he said they would probably end up changing the rest of the fluids/topping them off etc as well as tire rotation

Back