Under settings what does" device remote access" reference

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colnago

I was wondering if anybody can tell me what does " device remote access" actually do and how to activate it? I understand remote access allows app to control car features from phone. Does device remote access mean you can access your phone from infotainment center in car? Any info would be great.

Stupid Keypass as far as I know. Keypass is a way to get the features of the Onstar connectivity (remote start, door lock, charge status, etc) over a local Bluetooth connection to your smartphone to the Chevy app rather than the cell phone connection. Keypass likes to drop connections or just not work at all. I got a new phone, and whether they updated the app, or it's just the Pixel XL, it just doesn't seem to want to pair with the car. You're not missing much.

I tried to get KeyPass to work, because I figured it might be useful to remote-start the Bolt from my phone, but the process setup was so complex and seemed so prone to failure (e.g., if remote-start signal can't penetrate walls) that I decided to stop trying after about a half-hour of effort.

I can't find anything about Device Remote Access in the Owners Manual. OnStar doesn't know what it is.

My guess is that it's the setting that allows KeyPass. I can't tell for sure because the KeyPass setup fails to connect to the car. They couldn't figure it out online so I'm waiting for a call back from the next level of tech support.

Back