Finally ran a USB cable for iPhone mount with "minimal" visibility

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scknogas

I have a ProClip installed in my Bolt EV Premier and have HATED the need to have the USB cable get in the way of myself or my passengers, so I decided to run the cable as hidden as I could without making any holes or damage to the car.

15 - Final VIew with iphone and carplay running.jpg
16 - Final View with Cable hidden.jpg

The steps are in the names of the files (in the following comments, because only 3 images per post... and hopefully it makes sense to others...

Enjoy,

You have done an admirable job!

I do have a basic question - why would you need an iPhone mount in your Bolt? Given Car Play, all the things you can safely do while driving a car is available via Car Play.

Thanks.

Sperling3 said:
You have done an admirable job!

I do have a basic question - why would you need an iPhone mount in your Bolt? Given Car Play, all the things you can safely do while driving a car is available via Car Play.

Thanks.

Good point. For me, there are all the apps I don't have, that don't have Car Play support. But, more importantly to unclutter the center console area. My OCD, goes NUTS when the phone is sliding around and then either slides into the cupholder (always while I have the drink in my hand!) or between the seats! So, I MUST HAVE PLACE TO PUT IT!!! :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

Once I had the ProClips Mount, I had the place, but then it was the cable dangling and in the way that was bothering my OCD. Hence, this little bit of tweaking.

I'm taking bets to see how long the white cable sticking out of the ProClip mount or the "visible" section of the USB cable will last until I "HAVE" to fix those. :lol:

This seems like a TON of work. I've found the Fuse Chicken Bobine Auto to best the best solution. Been using it for probably 3 years in different vehicles. Ordered the pro-clip but returned it when I found it was passenger side only. And went back to the Fuse. Nothing beats it.

https://www.fusechicken.com/products/bobineauto

rwill said:
I've found the Fuse Chicken Bobine Auto to best the best solution. Been using it for probably 3 years in different vehicles. Ordered the pro-clip but returned it when I found it was passenger side only. And went back to the Fuse. Nothing beats it.

https://www.fusechicken.com/products/bobineauto

Thanks for the recommendation; I ordered one.

The Piston link for the glove box is an Incredibly cheap connection. I would not be surprised if many people are actually cracking the loop of plastic which connects to the piston. I replaced my cabin filter with a carbon cabin filter and noticed how cheap this was and how easily it could crack. I can't imagine replacing it would be low cost.

Back