Problems with air flow through my air vents.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamaest

I had issue with my bolt today. We're just now starting to get whether that's a little bit warmer and so I took a short drive to pick up some items and tried to get air to flow through the vents. If I turn on the air conditioning system to auto and set a very low temperature , than air flows significantly and cools the cabin like it should.

That being said, I usually only run minimal air at a fan setting of 1 or 2 with no cooling, just enough to get air flowing through the cabin. In this situation, today I could not get outside air to flow through the cabin. I had the fan speed all the way up to 8 and could not get air to flow from the outside through the vents, when trying the vents at my feet and at the windshield.

If I select the vents right in front of me, they will flow air but not as much as it used to only a few months ago.

I recently changed the cabin filter to replace it with a carbon cabin filter, which is OEM for this car. My next step will be to remove that filter to see if it changes anything. I can't imagine that it will, since the filter is still brand new. Also, getting into the cabin air filter area is a real pain. There's some really cheap plastic components , which control the smooth descent of the glove box, that I fear will break if you have to get into this section more than a few times.

Please note, this air flow issue only occurs when trying to get air from the outside. If I set it on recirc, than all the air vent seem to work okay.

Back