My friend wants to buy an EV, and ...

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingRubber

I'm doing some research for a friend. He's frustrated with Nissan, because he's waiting for the new Leaf and they're not very informative. I'm taking the opportunity to pitch him the Bolt.

I'm seeing current msrp at 37,710 (lowest within 500 miles). HOW are people getting them for 33k? Is there some sale going on right now? I have found that Costco membership gets you "invoice" pricing which likely knocks a G off it. Anything else?

SmokingRubber said:
I'm doing some research for a friend. He's frustrated with Nissan, because he's waiting for the new Leaf and they're not very informative. I'm taking the opportunity to pitch him the Bolt.

I'm seeing current msrp at 37,710 (lowest within 500 miles). HOW are people getting them for 33k? Is there some sale going on right now? I have found that Costco membership gets you "invoice" pricing which likely knocks a G off it. Anything else?

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2017/02/current-discounts-on-selected-evs.html

Looks very regional, at the end of last year GM included the Bolt in the "you pay what we pay" GM family price promotion. Typically known as "GMS" price.

winterescape said:
SmokingRubber said:

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2017/02/current-discounts-on-selected-evs.html

Looks very regional, at the end of last year GM included the Bolt in the "you pay what we pay" GM family price promotion. Typically known as "GMS" price.

Thanks a lot for the link. I see a Bolt in VA for $30k. I got a shipping quote from a car transport joint for $1100. That's a steal if it's real. My friend is interested but he hasn't slapped the plastic on the table yet. I'll keep on him lol.

My friend is definitely interested. I really appreciate the link above to deals all over the country. We've identified the car ... likely this one because he wants heated seats and DCFC. He doesn't care so much about color, as long as it's not dark grey like mine. He doesn't want to be twinnsies :(

http://www.sportchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_LT-Silver_Spring-MD/3154048853

My hesitation is: it looks like its too good to be true. Has anyone here purchased a car from MD? It appears the best deals in the country are all near Washington DC. Why? Why do they offer 7k off msrp but no one else in the country comes close? I have a quote of $1100 to transport the sucker to California.

Geez, there's a new, 125-mile-range 2017 e-golf for about $22K !! And that's BEFORE any tax credits / rebates !!

If my Spark gets written off by insurance ... I'm tempted. 22K - 7,500 and - 2500 (Calif) and -500 (util rebate) ... 12 grand for a new car?!!? (well, +shipping).

SmokingRubber said:
My friend is definitely interested. I really appreciate the link above to deals all over the country. We've identified the car ... likely this one because he wants heated seats and DCFC. He doesn't care so much about color, as long as it's not dark grey like mine. He doesn't want to be twinnsies :(

http://www.sportchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_LT-Silver_Spring-MD/3154048853

My hesitation is: it looks like its too good to be true. Has anyone here purchased a car from MD? It appears the best deals in the country are all near Washington DC. Why? Why do they offer 7k off msrp but no one else in the country comes close? I have a quote of $1100 to transport the sucker to California.

I have not purchased from them but the fine print says "Sport Fan Price includes all applicable rebates and incentives. Not all buyers will qualify." I would assume some of those incentives and rebates are state EV incentives. I would contact them and ask "what would a non-resident price be for stock #123456 ?" and then ask for it in writing, pdf email, FAX, etc...

As I have also suggested, in other threads like this before, take a printout of the add to a local dealer and say " I am about to purchase this car and have it shipped here, can you match the deal including the shipping?" I find it incredibly motivating to most dealers ;-)

Also, remember your state tax, if applicable...
Good luck!

winterescape said:
SmokingRubber said:

I have not purchased from them but the fine print says "Sport Fan Price includes all applicable rebates and incentives. Not all buyers will qualify." I would assume some of those incentives and rebates are state EV incentives. I would contact them and ask "what would a non-resident price be for stock #123456 ?" and then ask for it in writing, pdf email, FAX, etc...

As I have also suggested, in other threads like this before, take a printout of the add to a local dealer and say " I am about to purchase this car and have it shipped here, can you match the deal including the shipping?" I find it incredibly motivating to most dealers ;-)

Also, remember your state tax, if applicable...
Good luck!

Thanks for your help. That's great advise.

Back