Seat heaters require 2 clicks

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingRubber

I've noticed that the last several times I've attempted to turn on the seat heaters it required a second click. The first click causes it to activate level one for a split second, then turn off. The second click activates level 3 and my ass gets warm. I know it wasn't always like this. It used to come one with one touch of the (on-screen) button. It may have been this way since the update, but I don't run the heaters often enough to really nail the exact day it changed.

Has anyone else had this teeny-tiny issue?

Yes - I've noticed the same issue recently, and it has definitely changed from the first year I owned the car.

Same here. All of a sudden the first click has one light and I have to cycle back to the top. it used to start at the top with 3 lights. Odd. Haven't done a software update that recently.

Mine is over a year old now.
Still starts at 3 (hi) and I have to click it down.

Do you all notice that after about 10 minutes it automatically goes down 1 step?

( 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 ). I’ve never had it go from 1 to off.

gpsman said:
Do you all notice that after about 10 minutes it automatically goes down 1 step?
I've never noticed that. I often turn in down manually from 3 to 2 when my bum gets too hot, and it may be that I've never had to wait 10 minutes for that to happen. But I know I've driven for more than 10 minutes in the "2" position and it hasn't changed.

Perhaps it has something to do with the ambient temperature???

Maybe it is thermostat controlled.
I use them in San Francisco when the ambient is 45 to 60 degrees. If left on high, they definately step down automatically in ‘about’ 10 minutes. My be due to my not-so-cold conditions and maybe in sub-freezing they will stay at full heat (3 bars lit).

I’m glad they automatically step down.

SeanNelson said:
gpsman said:
I've never noticed that. I often turn in down manually from 3 to 2 when my bum gets too hot, and it may be that I've never had to wait 10 minutes for that to happen. But I know I've driven for more than 10 minutes in the "2" position and it hasn't changed.
OK, so I was on a longer drive the other day and I purposely left the seat heater on "3 dots". After something like 20 or 30 minutes it went down to 2 on its own - but the seat was quite hot and I'm thinking it may have been a preventative thing to keep it from overheating.

Back