Backup Guidelines Do Not Always Come On

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VABolt

When I place the car in reverse the guidelines do not always come on at first. Sometimes I am down the driveway and making the turn in the street and the guidelines appear. Other times they come right on. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

Yes, I've noticed that on my Bolt LT ever since I got it end of August last year. The delay of the lines showing seems random and inconsistent in how much delay I see each time. I've never considered it a problem per se, just "one of those things".

Haven't seen that so far on my Bolt, which is about 6 months old with ~11,500km on the clock.

I find those guidelines to be invaluable when parallel parking...

djhodny said:
Yes, I've noticed that on my Bolt LT ever since I got it end of August last year. The delay of the lines showing seems random and inconsistent in how much delay I see each time. I've never considered it a problem per se, just "one of those things".

Its not a big deal, but I do find it a little strange. This is not my first car with this feature and I love how it helps when backing up. When it is delayed I get a little nervous in tight places. :)

Back