Pre Conditioning

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Sorry if this is a naive question, but I just became a Bolt owner today. I know I can pre-condition the car if I am within Bluetooth range using the mychevrolet app. Is that the only way to do it? It seems odd that I can’t do it from my second story bedroom for example. Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

If you are in range of the remote control, the conditioning will start with the remote start function.

You can pre-condition anytime you can reach the internet. It doesn't have to use bluetooth. I have my vehicle far from my phone and pre-condition in the mornings. It uses the cellphone connection inside the Bolt to connect from Onstar, just as the other Onstar functions work. So you can also update the stats on the screen seeing tire pressure and range. Just move your finger on the screen down until it starts to cycle the screen.

As RCTurner mentioned, the remote can precondition the car, and it has a pretty decent range. I precondition my car using the remote from inside my house even though the car is about 50 feet away in a detached garage.

I had an issue when I first got the car where it would only work over KeePass. I called OnStar and they had me uninstall/re-install the MyChevrolet app on my iPhone 7. Then it worked fine and has ever since over both KeePass & Cellular.

Back