1 month old Bolt - Creaking noise when driving on

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Leased a new Bolt about a month ago, and for the last couple of weeks it has been creaking when driving < 40mph. Pretty much it creaks all over the city. I have not noticed any noise when driving on the highway. Anyone else experience this?

Sounds just like the noise on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBo001M7Uo

Klo said:
Leased a new Bolt about a month ago, and for the last couple of weeks it has been creaking when driving < 40mph. Pretty much it creaks all over the city. I have not noticed any noise when driving on the highway. Anyone else experience this?
I had a creaking noise while going over speed bumps that was solved by the dealer lubricating and adjusting the rubber hatch grommet and bumper stops. Here's what it sounded like.

Had to use headphones to hear it. Sounds a bit like the motor cogging, but could be a loose suspension or drive part, or even a power cable tapping against the body. I occasionally hear/feel barely audible cogging in "L" on not quite level surfaces, but not as regularly as you are experiencing. Since its new, I would take it to the dealer as they might have a quick fix. And you have a record of the problem if something comes up after warranty.

Back