EV Comparison Tool - Did I get the Bolt right? :)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I've been working on a tool to help people who are thinking about getting a "next generation" EV decide which one fits their needs best. The data so far is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KxeJsSoqptmlaJXNvP1eO25-j31oOz4eStoPnz0YNRY/edit?usp=sharing

Right now, it's just a simple datasheet, but I'm going to modify it to have dropdowns so people can select and compare configs, generate graphs, etc. A number of websites may let you compare a few features, but as you can see from the above, I'm trying to let people compare almost everything ;)

Part of the problem is, I've never even ridden in most of the vehicles on the list, let alone owned them so I could really use some feedback from actual owners. I've tried to fill out the data as best as I can from "build your own" sites, users' manuals, google searching, etc, but I've probably gotten a few things wrong. Can anyone be bothered to look over the data and see if I screwed up anywhere concerning the Bolt? :)

Note that a number of fields have comments (triangle in the upper right corner of a cell), to help clarify any issues that might be confusing.

Thank you for all your effort in producing this spreadsheet. A few suggestions for additions, if I may -

* Cargo volume with rear seats down
* Cargo floor flatness with rear seats down (flat, or define angle)

Inasmuch as this is comparing BEVs, perhaps a few EV-specific characteristics -

* Adjustable charging rate
* Adjustable charging limit
* Adjustable charging start time
* Adjustable charging stop time
* SoC % displayed on screen
* Regeneration max deceleration rate
* Ability to fully stop vehicle using regen
* Regen paddle - fixed regen
* Regen paddle - variable regen

Thanks, will look into all of these, and add all that I can :) In the meantime, let me know if you see anything about the Bolt (or any other EV that you're familiar with) that I might have gotten wrong or might vary from market to market. :)

Back