My Bolt needs body work.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi, I just joined this board because I was wondering if anyone here has any advice on getting substantial body work done on a Bolt. Last week I hit a deer at 55 mph. The car is sitting at a body shop near my house, but I'm planning on moving it to another place tomorrow that is certified to do aluminum work on BMW and Mercedes. The car seems to drive fine, but at least one orange cable is crimped and frayed. I think it goes to the charging plug. I haven't tried to plug it in. I hope it's totalled, but I don't think it is.

I tried attaching photos, but they aren't showing up. The damage is to the front bumper, driver-side headlight, grill, hood, front quarter panel, and driver's door.

Any advice appreciated.

I have some personal experience in this regard and found this to be helpful www.repairerdrivennews.com/2017/01/05/chevrolet-shares-more-details-about-auto-body-work-on-electric-bolt/

That was a good read. Thanks.

The body shop I took it to today seems to know what they are doing. It's their first Bolt, but they've worked on Tesla, Volt, and Leaf and they talked about special procedures for baking the paint job without harming the battery.

Back