Regarding Armrest Driver Window Button Controls

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matrix

Fellow Forum Members,
A YouTube video I saw mentions a Bolt driver has the ability to lower the three other windows in the Bolt remotely from the button controls located on the his left arm rest, but does not have the ability to raise the windows back up remotely from the left arm rest button controls? Is this true? If it is true it does not make sense to me why it would have such a limitation. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

matrix said:
Fellow Forum Members,
A YouTube video I saw mentions a Bolt driver has the ability to lower the three other windows in the Bolt remotely from the button controls located on the his left arm rest, but does not have the ability to raise the windows back up remotely from the left arm rest button controls? Is this true? If it is true it does not make sense to me why it would have such a limitation. Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Maybe you could provide a link to the video? The driver's door window controls on my Bolt allow me to raise and lower all four windows, although only the driver's window is "automatic". A quick jab to the driver's window control will lower or raise the window completely without having to hold the control the whole time. The other three windows you have to hold the control for the full duration it takes to raise or lower the window. This is a safety issue based on the idea that the driver may not see an obstruction (like an arm) at one of those other windows that could cause an injury.

JimFallstonMd said:
All 4 windows are one touch down but only the driver window is one touch up for safety reasons.

Thanks JimFallstonMD,
Thanks for your post and clarifying this matter. I think this is what the guy in the YouTube video I saw was trying to communicate but he worded it in such a way he got me to mistakenly think about it in the wrong way. Again thanks for your help.

Back