Center Rear-View Mirror/Camera in Cabin Gets Very Warm

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

Has anybody noticed that the rear-view mirror/camera is very warm to the touch on the 2017 Bolt? I drove from Los Angeles to San Francisco yesterday and the day before and noticed that it is quite warm. It is working fine, just a bit high to the touch.

Best,
Jerry

Yup, it does that. It's fine. Or at least mine's been doing that for two years to no ill effect.

Funny, I was just thinking about how long the display was going go last the other day. I don't know how many other digital mirrors there out there, or what their maintenance and failure situation is like. I'm sure replacing it would be a small fortune.

Pigwich said:
...I was just thinking about how long the display was going go last the other day. I don't know how many other digital mirrors there out there, or what their maintenance and failure situation is like. I'm sure replacing it would be a small fortune.
LCD displays are pretty reliable. I'm still using LCD computer monitors that I bought in 2006 - they're working just fine and I suspect they get more use than the camera mirror on my Bolt will get.

Back