Bolt Mileage

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

When I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid in 2005, the manufacturer said the car would get up to 50 mpg on the freeway and 45 on city streets. This was a gross inflation of the actual performance, which was about 30 mpg in the city and about 40, max, on the highway. People sued Honda, there was a class-action lawsuit because people felt it was false advertising.

My experience with the 2017 Bolt has been the opposite. Chevy says the mileage per charge is up to 238. But I am getting around 250-260 miles per charge, IF I don't run the heat or the air conditioner too much (luckily in live in San Francisco where the climate is pretty temperate).

I've driven from SF to LA 3 times and have found the mileage, even on the freeway, exceeds 238 mpc (miles per charge).

The Bolt is a fantastic car. After two years of driving it, I have found it to be the most enjoyable car to drive and have had no major problems with it at all.

After a full charge and driving 2 miles slightly downhill, the guess-o-meter says that I have 298 miles, with 375 max and 244 min. I live in Los Angeles, with a perfect temperature for an EV, but I usually show 275-280 in the summer after a full charge.

Back