Goodbye to my Beloved Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alevek

After two happy years and 18000 miles, had to say goodbye to my Bolt and traded it in for an the Audi eTron. Needed the increased room of the eTron. While the interior and ride quality of the eTron is way nicer than the Bolt ( as it should be for twice the price $47K vs $91K) I miss the spirited one-pedal driving of the Bolt. I think the Bolt has the best on-pedal implementation af all the EV's I've owned ( Tesla Model S P85D, BMW i3 REX, and now Audi eTron) and also the energy display panels. Audi went to a lot of design and expense to make the eTron feel like a normal car with the bonus of instant and smooth power delivery, but I hope that they will eventually offer an option to select a regen level that approaches the Bolt's one-pedal driving feel.

Enjoy your Bolts, I still think it's the best little EV out there.

Congrats on the upgrade!

The biggest complaint I have with the Bolt is the DCQC speed. How fast is the eTron? 150kW or so? Have you hit up an EA station with it yet? How does the experience compare with the Bolt? Is it noticeably better, or just not as big of a deal as I might hope?

Again, congrats on the new car. Enjoy! I hope you stick around and share some impressions with us.

I truly think the Bolt is the most underappreciated EV out there at the moment. If I could have a more comfy drivers seat, I would be completely satisfied, which has never happened with a car purchase for me!

alevek said:
...I miss the spirited one-pedal driving of the Bolt. I think the Bolt has the best on-pedal implementation af all the EV's I've owned ( Tesla Model S P85D, BMW i3 REX, and now Audi eTron) and also the energy display panels...

Enjoy your Bolts, I still think it's the best little EV out there.
I AGREE!

Now driving 1,000 miles per week for Uber, and checking the state of the art long range EV market after leasing a 2017 Bolt EV for 45.000 miles and returned mid-September:

I purchased the 2019 Bolt EV specifically for the wear and tear it saves on my brain by “one-pedal” driving!

Back