Heated Seats "Auto" mode

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfromjersey

Hi all,

I'm a new Bolt owner, bought a used 2017 Bolt in August 2019. Now that the weather is getting colder (I live in the DC suburbs) I'm trying to figure out how cold it has to be for the heated seats to come on in "Auto" mode. The manual says they will come on based on the temp inside the car, but with no indicator (seriously?) but has anyone figured out what that temperature has to be exactly? So far it seems like they haven't come on as far as I can tell and some mornings like this morning the temperature was in the mid 40s. Anyone have any insight into how cold it has to get before the Auto heated seats kick in? The car is parked outside not in a garage so the inside temp should be relatively close to the outside temp.

Thanks,

Dan
2017 Bolt - Arctic Blue

I keep my temp control nob all the way up till it says hi and the seat heaters always come on during preconditioning. Make sure you have auto heated seats turned on in the options menu. After I get in the car I turn the heated seats on again and the steering wheel it's nice and toasty during my 15 mile commute.

Thanks I will check and see if Auto Heated seats are on in the Options menu, I didn't realize that wasn't on by default.

imfromjersey said:
Thanks I will check and see if Auto Heated seats are on in the Options menu, I didn't realize that wasn't on by default.
If you bought a used Bolt it doesn't matter whether it's the default or not - what matters is how the previous owner left it set.

I checked my settings and it was set correctly but it hadn't been cold enough for the seats to come on. This morning the temperature was 37 degrees and the auto-heated seats DID come on for the first time, so I'm guessing it has to be below 40 or so for this to happen.

Thanks
Dan

Not to hijack this thread, but another question about the auto heated-seat mode — how do you turn automatic heated seats back on once you have gone manual? When I get into the car, I notice the setting is on automatic, but if I adjust the temperature level manually, I can’t seem to get it back to the automatic setting.

I was wondering that too - it turns out once you hit the screen to either turn on or off the heated seats there is no way to put it back to "Auto" mode without turning the car off and back on. I believe I read this in the owners manual or maybe on some other forum. Since it's 90 degrees today where I live I don't expect to use these for a while!

Gotcha, yeah, that was my guess. The feature is likely there to enable the seats to warm with remote start. It would have been nice to allow the function to be set back to auto, though. Oh well, not the biggest loss, I guess.

Back