Wireless CarPlay adapter

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoltEV

Anyone have any experience with this wireless CarPlay adapter:

https://carplay2air.com/

Yes, I got one and it works. I also upgraded the wireless charging module in my 2017 so that my phone charges while it is connected wirelessly.

There's a FB post about this and supposedly the CarLinkit dongle works too, but I wouldn't know which one since there's at least 2 that I can see. I'm pretty sure the Bolt's infotainment system does not run on Android, so those dongles won't work.

tk1971 said:
Yes, I got one and it works. I also upgraded the wireless charging module in my 2017 so that my phone charges while it is connected wirelessly.

There's a FB post about this and supposedly the CarLinkit dongle works too, but I wouldn't know which one since there's at least 2 that I can see. I'm pretty sure the Bolt's infotainment system does not run on Android, so those dongles won't work.

Can you please share more details or a link on a Wireless charging upgrade?

This is not for wireless charging.

This device allows my iPhone to connect to Apple Carplay wirelessly, so I can keep the phone in my pocket.

BoltEV said:

This device allows my iPhone to connect to Apple Carplay wirelessly, so I can keep the phone in my pocket.

I was asking about this part of your previous post:

" I also upgraded the wireless charging module in my 2017 so that my phone charges while it is connected wirelessly."

But that's ok, I've found your post on another forum. thx!

I never made that comment at least in this thread, but glad you found what you needed

denyaya said:
BoltEV said:

I was asking about this part of your previous post:

" I also upgraded the wireless charging module in my 2017 so that my phone charges while it is connected wirelessly."

But that's ok, I've found your post on another forum. thx!

" I also upgraded the wireless charging module in my 2017 so that my phone charges while it is connected wirelessly" was posted by "tk1971"

Back