New Bolt owner

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoltIsMyP51

I currently own a 2014 Leaf SL which I’m passing along to my college age kids to drive to classes with (if they ever resume normal classes again!)
Yesterday I picked up a 2017 Bolt Premier with 12,100 miles freshly off lease in my favorite color, orange. Looking forward to joining the discussion here.

Who leases a vehicle & only puts 4K/year on it???

Scott
Hershey PA

Forgot to ask my question!
Is there a way to reset the electronics to restore if to factory new? Will the dealership do this, or will I need to pay for that?

Welcome. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish about resetting the electronics to "factory new". You can change just about any setting yourself., and you'll probably want to set them to your personal preferences anyway. If you don't have an owner's manual, there's probably one online. Let us know if you have specific questions.

If you don’t mind sharing, what was your purchase price?

I put 44,640 miles on my Orange leased 2017 and returned it almost 4 months early to avoid mileage penalties to purchase a new 2019

I was looking at prices on Carmax in California and the lowest price I found for a 2017 was $17,998 for 35,000 miles (plus tax and licence, of course).

BoltIsMyP51 said:
I currently own a 2014 Leaf SL which I’m passing along to my college age kids to drive to classes with (if they ever resume normal classes again!)
Yesterday I picked up a 2017 Bolt Premier with 12,100 miles freshly off lease in my favorite color, orange. Looking forward to joining the discussion here.

Scott
Hershey PA

We need more EVs in PA! Yeah.

You can download a pdf of the manual--easy peasy. Just do a search.

As noted below I wouldn't reset the electronics to "factory default" until you know you really want to do that. Drive it a while. Read the book. Then change what you want.

Paul

BoltIsMyP51 said:

Scott
Hershey PA

I noticed a similar pattern when shopping the lease-return BMW i3. Yes, it had an inherently short range, but most of those coming back off lease had very few miles on them. Best guess is they were leased because of the "new thing" and a good cocktail party/country club conversation piece.

Just me, but I've never understood leasing at all. However, I can tell you who buys a Bolt and drives it 4,000 miles a year; a retired couple who live in a medium-sized city and use the Bolt only for local errands.

The Bolt is perfect for our use and is always the first choice for a local run. There is a 2004 truck for haulage and a 2011 SUV for road trips. We fully depreciate our vehicles.

FWIW, since they became a thing, I knew a BEV would be perfect for our use. However, we had another paid-for ICE sedan in the garage and no matter how we did the math, with our limited driving, a BEV would never pay for itself. Finally, we just decided we wanted a Bolt and have been smiling ever since.

jack vines

Back