Recall software question

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcarraher

Prior to taking it into the dealer today for the recall service, I always used hilltop reserve which the MyChevy app when fully charged usually showed estimated range of 240 miles or 87%. After bringing it home after the fix, I saw that hilltop reserve is no longer an option in the charging settings. I plugged it in and when completed it now shows 250 miles and 95%. I expected it to show 90% so don't understand where the extra 5% comes from. Anyone? Thanks.

Others have reported that the software "update" limits charge to 95% instead of 90%. So you're not alone.

Thanks. I hadn't seen about others and was concerned that something might have been messed up at the dealership.

bcarraher said:
Prior to taking it into the dealer today for the recall service, I always used hilltop reserve which the MyChevy app when fully charged usually showed estimated range of 240 miles or 87%. After bringing it home after the fix, I saw that hilltop reserve is no longer an option in the charging settings. I plugged it in and when completed it now shows 250 miles and 95%. I expected it to show 90% so don't understand where the extra 5% comes from. Anyone? Thanks.

Hi, Bcarraher. Driving your vehicle is the best way to get your vehicle to or below 90% SOC. Your servicing dealership will be in the best position to provide more insight on the services completed. However, if you have further questions about this recall, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the subject line "bcarraher | Chevrolet | MyChevyBolt."

Dani C.

Back