myChevrolet status update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhewin

On my "new" 2017 Bolt I've found that the myChevrolet app will only update the car's charging status if the car is unlocked. At first I thought there was a problem since it was perpetually at 15% charge, but as soon as I unlocked the car to look on the dash it jumped up to 43%. After more testing I found that even when swiping down to refresh, it still doesn't update the status when locked.

I am connected via bluetooth and the car is also on wifi. I haven't done any of the setup with OnStar since the bluetooth functions seem to be enough.

For anyone looking for this in the future, it appears to just have something to do with the way the app connects to the car when it's Bluetooth only. I have to give the car some command before it updates the status. Guessing it has to "wake up." The whole locked/unlocked thing is a red herring.

The OnStar basic service is free for 5 years. I highly recommend setting it up. It's great to be able to precondition the car from anywhere with cell service!

Back