Features I hope the Bolt EV will have

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

For a vehicle this size, I hope Chevy will include these features:
- fold flat rear seats
- recline back (not just flip forward) rear seats

These 2 things in my opinion, allow the vehicle to seem much larger. Fold flat allows hauling larger cargo, and tip back seats allow the back seat to hold real-size adults, not the tiny kind that are always in them in the commercials :)

Well, there's a number of pictures of the seats folded available. It's not completely flat and level but seems pretty close.

There is no indication, either from GM or looking at pictures, that the rear seatbacks recline.

I imagine GM (or someone) will offer a trunk organizer accessory that levels the floor, like this one that was available for the Nissan LEAF.

41RMBzEDBEL.jpg

I hope that Chevy will allow 100 kW DC fast charging; anything less will be too slow for road trips.

It would also be nice if it had a radio / audio system that provided decent sound quality. We had to get the optional Bose audio in our 2013 Volt and the sound quality is horrible - not at all lifelike and considerably worse than the one in the Toyota RAV4EV.

tgreene said:
I hope that Chevy will allow 100 kW DC fast charging; anything less will be too slow for road trips.

Do we know anything about the charge-rates on the Bolt EV? IIRC, Chevy only announced battery-pack size and range specs?

According to the Chief Engineer, it'll handle 50 kW but they we non-commital about any higher values. The DC charging times that GM lists implies a 50kW rate.

Unless someone comes up with a network of CCS charging stations that is as comprehensive as Tesla's (and I think there's no chance this will happen in the useful future) then the time we will need to spend waiting for access to the lone CCS charger at some intermediate stop will be long compared to the time we need to spend charging, even at 50 kW.

I love the idea of a Bolt and cannot wait to get one, but I still don't see it as a long-trip car. The Volt does that job much better.

michael said:
Unless someone comes up with a network of CCS charging stations that is as comprehensive as Tesla's (and I think there's no chance this will happen in the useful future) then the time we will need to spend waiting for access to the lone CCS charger at some intermediate stop will be long compared to the time we need to spend charging, even at 50 kW.

I agree that the non-Tesla DCFCs are few and far between along our highways now, but I find the ones in central California to not have lines at this time. Maybe that is because there are only a few cars (107mi LEAF, RAV4EV+JdeMO) that have ranges large enough to do 200+ mi trips at all. The California Energy Commission is about to make $10M of awards for DCFCs along N-S highways in California, and they recently released another solicitation for $10M of funding along other routes.

michael said:
I love the idea of a Bolt and cannot wait to get one, but I still don't see it as a long-trip car. The Volt does that job much better.

To each his own, I guess. We have a Volt lus a RAV4EV and I much prefer taking the RAV on road trips, even if we have to stop for charging.

Any chance we get power seats? Seems like right now they're really proud of their low-footprint seats which are all manual. I'm a foot taller and much bigger than my girlfriend, manually adjusting the seats each time is going to be a pain.

I'm in the exact same situation. Power seats with memory are a highly-desired feature in our house. Alas, I don't expect them in the Bolt EV.

Would love to see a front passenger seat that folds flat. Preferably by folding forward and then pulling a lever that allows the entire seat to fold up towards the dashboard. This would allow the ability to load long items like 2x4x8s into the vehicle. Seems like, I remember the Chrysler PT having this feature.

MarcHawk said:
Would love to see a front passenger seat that folds flat. Preferably by folding forward and then pulling a lever that allows the entire seat to fold up towards the dashboard. This would allow the ability to load long items like 2x4x8s into the vehicle. Seems like, I remember the Chrysler PT having this feature.
By sliding the passenger seat all the way forward, then reclining the passenger seat back all the way back I've been able to carry an 8' ladder resting on a towel or pad on the dash. Almost 10' windshield to rear hatch. Agree forward folding seat back would give even more flexibility.

A heat pump for AC and Heater as the battery cost are demanding for both winter and summer.

A user select 4 wheel drive option allowing the driver to utilize 2wd and 4wd on demand for seasonal conditions.

Back