Will there be an AWD version?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robot

I really like what I'm reading/hearing of the Chevy Bolt, but I'm sitting tight waiting for an AWD EV that goes 200+ miles.
The little gas-powered AWD SUV I drive has 150,000 miles on it.

I ski 50 times a season, plus the AWD is good for merging in wet weather that I live with most of the year!

And improved efficiency. The AWD Teslas are more efficient than the RWD systems. They have geared the second motor in such a way that it improves miles/kWh at cruising speeds.

Sure - why do just an AWD? They should make an SS version too.

Stiffer suspension, higher power motor, larger wheels, and of course a huge spoiler :)

lukestuke said:
Sure - why do just an AWD? They should make an SS version too.

Stiffer suspension, higher power motor, larger wheels, and of course a huge spoiler :)

lol I read a comment in response to an article that stated we could do away with some features like 0-100km response times etc in order to gain more mileage....The comment stated that the writer was confused why we needed all the bells and whistles when a lot of people just want an efficient nice driving electric vehicle ;)

I'm not sure if there will be one. Can anyone from the Chevrolet Bolt forum moderator panel confirm it?

JimmYK said:
I'm not sure if there will be one. Can anyone from the Chevrolet Bolt forum moderator panel confirm it?
There are no rumors to confirm or deny. Just wishful thinking (by me and others). Let's wait until the NAIAS in mid-January to see what GM announces or hints at.

Zoomit said:
JimmYK said:
There are no rumors to confirm or deny. Just wishful thinking (by me and others). Let's wait until the NAIAS in mid-January to see what GM announces or hints at.

Yes. That's our only option at this point.

I'm happy to start a rumor, rumors become public opinion and feedback, and that becomes an engineering plan. If we rumor it, it will come!

2020 AWD Bolt SS ftw!

It sure seems feasible; the rear cargo area is lower than it needs to be (hence the optional false floor) and the wheels are all the way at the end, so they can put the motor in that area with little compromise to cargo space.

Back