CarPlay Nav Volume

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundpeg

I'm generally pretty happy using my iPhone though CarPlay for nav on the Bolt, but for one issue. The volume of the turn-by-turn nav is so faint I can barely hear it even when the car is not in motion (and completely hopeless when it is). I've already set the voice volume in the maps settings on my phone to "loud" but this makes no difference. Altering the volume control on the phone also doesn't have any effect. The volume control on the dash only controls the radio.

Hoping somebody has figured this out. Must be a bug, because it sure isn't a feature.

If anyone is interested, I believe I found the solution to the nav volume issue. I discovered today that if you adjust the volume control while the nav voice is speaking, it adjusts the volume of the spoken voice without changing the radio. You have to be quick about it; if you miss your chance you have to wait for the next instruction (which you may not hear!). I am hoping the setting is sticky but I won't know that until I try it a second time.

""if you adjust the volume control while the nav voice is speaking, it adjusts the volume of the spoken voice without changing the radio. ""

This is pretty much the standard for any navigation system on most cars that I've used.

flamaest said:
""if you adjust the volume control while the nav voice is speaking, it adjusts the volume of the spoken voice without changing the radio. ""

This is pretty much the standard for any navigation system on most cars that I've used.

Maybe so, but it was totally new to me, though it was the first thing I tried. The voice was so low that I could not hear it well enough turn it up in time.

I'm having the same issue and have tried turning up the volume knob as soon as the nav voice (Siri) begins speaking, but there's been no change in volume. It's super faint. Is there some sort of trick to this?

(thx)

yostopia said:
I'm having the same issue and have tried turning up the volume knob as soon as the nav voice (Siri) begins speaking, but there's been no change in volume. It's super faint. Is there some sort of trick to this?

(thx)

Not sure. All I know is it didn't work for me at first but it did finally.

roundpeg said:

Thanks for inspiring me to keep trying and I _did_ finally get it working. (!)

yostopia said:
roundpeg said:

Thanks for inspiring me to keep trying and I _did_ finally get it working. (!)

What did you have to do to get this to work? Siri is yelling at us, and I can't make it stop. No matter what I try, the volume knob only seems to affect the radio volume. What is the secret to getting the volume knob to adjust the carplay volume?

tklyber said:
What did you have to do to get this to work? Siri is yelling at us, and I can't make it stop. No matter what I try, the volume knob only seems to affect the radio volume. What is the secret to getting the volume knob to adjust the carplay volume?
Timing.

Sometimes luck too.

Back