infotainment

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

If your infotainment screen get stuck on the rear camera view, Here's how to fix according to chevy chat tech:

1st) Turn off and lock vehicle or at least 5 minutes. (that worked for us).

2nd suggestion) " ...we would perform a radio reset to get the system to "unstick" from that screen. The
radio reset will be removing any USB or AUX cords, turning the vehicle off, removing the keys from the ignition
(if push to start, you will need to walk 15 feet away from the vehicle with the key fob), open/close the driver
door and then lock with the key fob for 5 minutes."

Turned on the car this morning and the infotainment screen was blank. The car had charged up overnight for the first time using a new Level 2 charger. A USB cord, used to connect the phone, was connected to the car but not to the phone.

I tried turning off the car and turning it back on with no luck. I then went inside to the computer, found the post above and in effect, carried out the first suggestion. Went back out and the screen came on when I started the car.

Easy solution but annoying to have this problem. I wouldn't often want to wait 5 minutes to drive the car.

I had previously left the cord connected when I turned off the car but didn't have this problem. Might try to disconnect the cord whenever I leave the car but don't know why I should have to.

Airbesar said:
I had previously left the cord connected when I turned off the car but didn't have this problem. Might try to disconnect the cord whenever I leave the car but don't know why I should have to.

What makes you think the cord has anything to do with the screen blanking? As far as I can tell from your post, your past experience does not point to this as the problem. Nor does it seem likely based on any experience I've ever heard of with computers.

I've never had either of these problems - frozen on backup cam or blank - but did once have the Bolt infotainment reboot itself for no apparent reason while I was driving the car. Over a thousand miles later, it has not happened again.

I only noted that I had left the phone cord connected to the car because disconnecting it was part of solution 2 in the first post. I have no idea whether the phone cord has anything to do with the blank screen or generally why the screen was blank this morning. For all I know, it could be because I like rocky road ice cream.

Our Infotainment screen simply locked up with on the radio tuner screen. Nothin' would make it come back to life. Tried power on-off (vehicle power) several times. No joy.

After a few miles I figured these electrogizmos usually have a reboot feature somewhere, maybe a multiple button-press thing.
I simultaneously held the little home button at the bottom with the FFWD button ( >> ) and after a couple of seconds, the beast blanked out and rebooted. Just a random thought and it worked out.
SO:
If your screen is freaking out in any way, Try it.

My screen was frozen on the energy usage screen. The clock and all other info was stuck, even when pressing the radio on/off button and turning the Bolt off and then on.

As another poster mentioned, pressing and holding the "home" button and the">>|" for a few seconds reset the system.

Ok I thought they fixed this issue after the early Bolts ?
Mine stuck in the Rear camera today after DC charging. I put it in P and then back to D and it was good.

Wondering if I should just do a reset anyway.

Thanks GB,
Stinks that I had to erase all the Favs and then put them back in, in the order I wanted them in.

Anyone know that if you do a reset will is STAY fixed? Or is this something that will happen over and over ?

Back