My bitch list for the Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiam95124

1. There is no way to show percentage of charge remaining. The "range guesstimate" I get has been steadily dropping since I left the dealer, and there is no indication of if the car actually charged to %100. The Android mylink app shows this information, but the car no.

2. The USB connected Android drive mode is cool, but it basically disables the phone for uses other mapping with google and calling. I cannot get the plugshare app to find charging stations! I have to borrow the phone from someone else or disconnect.

3. The google map app gives you no indication of where you are going, just the next turn.

4. The USB plug apparently is too weak to also charge a connected phone. I drove it for hours without any net gain in charge. I can use the cigarette lighter plug to charge just fine, but that means I don't get USB drive mode.

5. I have seen the display go completely dark without explanation. No idea how this was arrived at. It took turning the car completely off and restarting it to get the display (center display) to come back to life.

Don't get the wrong idea, I love the car, but these are the issues I have found so far.

Scott Franco
San Jose, CA

One more: There is no control to adjust the volume on the Navigation voice. Another poster said you have to jump on the volume while it is speaking.

The default volume is so low as to be unusable.

Tammy, Lisa, and Emma laughed out loud when I showed them this joke post (Naomi and Susan don't live near me, so I don't know if they LOL'd or not, but both thought it was funny) . However, a 2nd person has recently PM'd me and told me that he found the post offensive. Even though it is only twice in 10 months, I have decided to edit the post and remove the joke.

Some people have no sense of humor, I guess.

1) Each bar shown along the left side of the "Enhanced" view represents 5% of battery capacity. (Yes, I know someone explains this in the link that's posted above, just thought I'd list it here so folks don't have to read through as much to get the info.)

2) You can get around the lockout that Android Auto puts in place, at least in the latest version of Android (Nougat) - wake up the phone, and swipe down. This shows your notifications, and gives you access to your Home, Last and Recent Apps buttons. You can just those to open up anything you need on the phone.

3) I'm not sure I follow this - I can see a decent chunk of the map and the upcoming turns in the Navigation pane, is that not the case for you? Also, you can swipe right / left on the little panel that lists the directions, to see what your upcoming turns are.

4) That seems strange - my Pixel charges just fine when I'm in Android Auto. Maybe try a different cable? It sounds ridiculous, but not all cables are created equal.

5) No solution for that one.

2) For iOS users, this should solve it (from recently released iOS 10.3 beta):

CarPlay has been updated with shortcuts for launching the most recently used apps and the location of EV charging stations.

I don't like the lamp always on for passenger air bag status and onstar right above my eyes and to the right.
I'd like an elegant way to turn this off but I feel black electrical tape is in my car's future.

gpsman said:
I don't like the lamp always on for passenger air bag status and onstar right above my eyes and to the right.
I'd like an elegant way to turn this off but I feel black electrical tape is in my car's future.
This is standard for all modern cars, and bitching about it is also a standard feature of car forums... :lol:

EldRick said:
Electrical tape works fine in my Spark EV.

That's no joke. I am a pilot, and having lights on in the cockpit that won't turn off is dangerous if you are trying to pick out mountains in the dark. I once had an argument with the maker of one of the instruments in my airplane that does this, really getting angry with them. I hooked the stupid thing up to the dimmer knob, not an easy fix, and it went down a ways and then suddenly went full bright. They said it was a "fail safe" measure, that if the dimmer was set to low it assumed it was broken and went full bright. My answer is "I am the pilot, dammit" (dammit Jim!) its not your call.

Now I have lots of tape over idiot lights in my aircraft.

Come to think of it, I have lots of tape over the stupid lights on equipment in my bedroom as well. Otherwise I can't sleep.

samiam95124 said:
My answer is "I am the pilot, dammit" (dammit Jim!) its not your call.
The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

#5. I used to have that problem back in January as well, and was going to mention it to the dealer next time I had a reason to go back. Then Android Auto updated the app in early February or so, and the problem resolved. So this one was on Google, not Chevy.

gpsman said:
I'd like an elegant way to turn this [lamp] off but I feel black electrical tape is in my car's future.

Might I suggest Home Depot for the perfect rich & glossy "piano black". It's only $1.97 - yet still...classy.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch-3-4-in-x-66-ft-Electrical-Tape-4218-BA-40/100130843

:D

I have lots of tape over the stupid lights on equipment in my bedroom as well.

I also do this on some of the LEDs on various indicators.. I generally poke a small pin hole in the tape, so I am able to verify they are working.

gpsman said:

Try this http://www.lightdims.com/ sounds silly but they really work.

Back