Android vs Apple Maps in the Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalif

So has anyone tried both apps through CarPlay?

If so, does anyone know why Apple Maps goes to full screen, but my Android Maps (google) displays with a wide border, about 1/2-1" all the way around, and isnt full screen, especially compared to Apple Maps?

Is this a setting I am missing?

Thank you

Not a setting. Apple CarPlay supports different screen sizes. Android doesn't. That's why there are borders.

I have an Apple work phone and Android personal phone. I want to like Android Auto, Ok Google is far superior to Siri, but CarPlay navigates better and that's what I use the most so that's what I now connect with in the car.

Apple maps show charging locations under it's own specific icon under "search for".
OH YES THEY DO!!! So happy for that.
And it's SMART enough to only show them when I am connected to my Bolt. All others times it shows gas stations so don't try it in your living room and start to call me a liar.

I don't know about Andriod.
I do not own an Android phone.

Every time I plug in my iPhone 7plus to the car to use maps, it automatically and immediately starts calculating route to "Home".

I almost never want this, as almost always I know how to get home.

How do I get it to stop doing this by default?
Ex is it a setting in the phone or car?

Thanks.

gpsman said:
Every time I plug in my iPhone 7plus to the car to use maps, it automatically and immediately starts calculating route to "Home".

I almost never want this, as almost always I know how to get home.

How do I get it to stop doing this by default?
Ex is it a setting in the phone or car?

Thanks.

First, there are virtually no settings in the car for CarPlay. The car is simply the "external monitor" for the phone. So, any settings for how.

To disable the Home feature, in the Maps app, pull down the search list to the bottom and click Favorites. Remove your Home from that list.

When you want to find charging stations with Android I ask it "Show me the closest charging stations" and it comes back with a map of the local stations, distances etc. I think it uses plug share. better than nothing.

According to guys at the Android forum, the decision to show Google maps on 2/3 of the screen was made by Chevrolet, not the Android folks. It sucks.
So how about we petition Chevy to update their software for AA to show full-screen Google Maps?

When I ask Android Auto to "Show me nearest charging stations" it shows some charging stations and then more gasoline stations!

Back