Energy Score -> Climate Settings

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kofther

Does any one know how the Climate Settings bar graph (on Energy Score screen) gets adjusted? It it what the climate settings are set to or is it actual use? That temperature is set to the recommended 72 degrees. I hardly ever turn the climate system on. I even turned off auto-defogger and auto-heated seats and still it is pinned at -5.

Thanks,
Kof

Those reading should reset after a full charge (even if on Hilltop mode).

Have you been using the remote start? Anything that uses the heater/blower will use the most energy.

Be sure to check the AC/Heater "button" on the screen is off, no matter what the temp setting is to make sure it isn't heating the unit. If all you use is the seat and wheel heaters, it will barely register.

Last night I did a full charge and indeed the climate settings value went back to zero. I decided to turn the heater on this morning to 72 degrees. I watched the screen. Every second the climate score dropped by a tenth of a point. After about a minute of the heater running I was back at -5. I drove the rest of the trip (about 30 minutes) with no heater and the climate setting value was still pinned at -5. Seems too sensitive to be useful. Oh well.

-kof

It should even out when the heat pump gets up to temp. The initial draw, though, is fairly intense.

I have exactly same experience. Climate seems pinned at -5 regardless of what I do with climate settings (most of the time I have it completely Off - still -5). Only had it for a month though so still figuring out what affects what...

gbobman said:
It should even out when the heat pump gets up to temp. The initial draw, though, is fairly intense.

There is no heat pump in the Bolt. Just a resistance heater and a little heat exchanger to scavenge a little heat from the drive system.

LeftieBiker said:
There is no heat pump in the Bolt. Just a resistance heater and a little heat exchanger to scavenge a little heat from the drive system.

Seriously, no heat pump for heat?

That would be very disappointing considering the Leaf ditched resistive heating pretty early on (5 years ago).

Doesn't make sense to me because the car already has a heat pump to cool the cabin. Just reverse it and you can now heat the cabin. That's what heat pumps do; they move heat from one place to another.

redpoint5 said:
LeftieBiker said:

Seriously, no heat pump for heat?

That would be very disappointing considering the Leaf ditched resistive heating pretty early on (5 years ago).

Doesn't make sense to me because the car already has a heat pump to cool the cabin. Just reverse it and you can now heat the cabin. That's what heat pumps do; they move heat from one place to another.

Nissan didn't stop using PTC heaters, they did add a heat pump as an option.

My energy consumption for climate settings is reaing -4.7 with barely any use of the HVAC.

My range is really good. It says climate is using 7%. Lol this has to be wrong.

For some reason, if you use the heater for even minutes, the "score" promptly drops to -5 and stays there.
It makes no sense at all.

Back