boltyjake

5 days in and technical problems already???

Wed May 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Less than 5 days into ownership and already a technical problem. :( There's an unspecified issue with the "HCP - Hybrid Control Processor, VIC - VEHICLE INTEGRATION CONTROL ". Codes associated with the problem are U0100 and U1818. It recommends service in 7 days so I made an appointment.

Has anyone else had this or something similar happen? Is this something I should be worried about? Is it going to keep cropping up regularly? The dealer is some distance away and if I have to drive out there frequently this is not going to be a good experience with my first Chevy. :?

GoEV4uNme

Re: 5 days in and technical problems already???

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 am

boltyjake wrote:Less than 5 days into ownership and already a technical problem. :( There's an unspecified issue with the "HCP - Hybrid Control Processor, VIC - VEHICLE INTEGRATION CONTROL ". Codes associated with the problem are U0100 and U1818. It recommends service in 7 days so I made an appointment.

Has anyone else had this or something similar happen? Is this something I should be worried about? Is it going to keep cropping up regularly? The dealer is some distance away and if I have to drive out there frequently this is not going to be a good experience with my first Chevy. :?

Is this with the Chevy Bolt or the Chevy Volt?
The term, Hybrid Control Processor seems out of place with the Bolt as it's not a hybrid, but a full electric vehicle... I'm confused. :roll:
2017 Chevy Bolt LT(Base Model in Nightfall Grey)
2013 VW Jetta TDI
2011 BMX X1(Turbo Diesel)
2009 Subaru Legacy

boltyjake

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:43 am

GoEV4uNme wrote:
boltyjake wrote:Less than 5 days into ownership and already a technical problem. :( There's an unspecified issue with the "HCP - Hybrid Control Processor, VIC - VEHICLE INTEGRATION CONTROL ". Codes associated with the problem are U0100 and U1818. It recommends service in 7 days so I made an appointment.

Is this with the Chevy Bolt or the Chevy Volt?
The term, Hybrid Control Processor seems out of place with the Bolt as it's not a hybrid, but a full electric vehicle... I'm confused. :roll:

It's a Bolt. I was confused about the language too, but that's vermabtim from the diagnostic.

LeftieBiker

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:17 am

The term "hybrid control processor" may mean something less apparent, like "multi-function control processor".
2018 Nissan Leaf SL with Pro Pilot

2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf modules.

drdiesel1

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:41 am

No such thing. You have a HPCM2 or a VICM.

Tttait

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 am

Ask the dealer to check your COVFEFE too... Maybe they know what it is.

Return to “Technical Discussions”